• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko LoCastro intimidating a PDGA official at European Open '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it quite laughable that anyone outside of the disc golf world would 1. know anything about this, 2. care enough to have an opinion on the rules, and 3. actually talk to BGC

These two posts seem made for each other.
Ok. My last post on this subject.

I spoke with a couple players I know on the PGA Tour. They said that all the players are aware of what happened with Nikko, and they are shocked at the lack of professionalism and sportsmanship in the sport. They also said that they think this makes disc golf look like the Cornhole tour rather than some professional sports organization. That the actual rule and particularly the enforcement after such a time lapse is a huge joke, and if it happened on tour the players would lay down their clubs until the PGA changed the the rules to make sense. They did say Nikko should have held it together better, but they would feel the same anger, so they excuse him for much of the tantrum, but still feel a small suspension is in order.

Your statement is not quite factual:

An assault is the act of inflicting physical harm or unwanted physical contact upon a person or, in some specific legal definitions, a threat or attempt to commit such an action. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in criminal prosecution, civil liability, or both.
Pc code: California Penal Code 240 PC

My definition accords with the common law definitions I learned in law school. Some states go out of their way to be different though.

https://www.smithandvinson.com/blog/2020/january/defining-assault-battery-in-texas/

"The manner in which assault and battery are prosecuted in court largely depends on the state in which the offense is committed … In Texas, assault and battery are actually two different crimes. It is true that they are linked closely to each other. However, the state defines assault as threatening another person with bodily harm and defines battery as actual bodily contact that results in injury."

The tortious act is typically offensive contact instead of injury.

Last edited:

I spoke with a couple players I know on the PGA Tour.

download.png

An assault is the act of inflicting physical harm or unwanted physical contact upon a person or, in some specific legal definitions, a threat or attempt to commit such an action. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in criminal prosecution, civil liability, or both.
Pc code: California Penal Code 240 PC

But … but … the opinions of unnamed PGA tour buddies are a totally different subject bra.

I spoke with a couple players I know on the PGA Tour. They said that all the players are aware of what happened with Nikko, and they are shocked at the lack of professionalism and sportsmanship in the sport. They also said that they think this makes disc golf look like the Cornhole tour rather than some professional sports organization. That the actual rule and particularly the enforcement after such a time lapse is a huge joke, and if it happened on tour the players would lay down their clubs until the PGA changed the the rules to make sense. They did say Nikko should have held it together better, but they would feel the same anger, so they excuse him for much of the tantrum, but still feel a small suspension is in order.

LMAO all the players on the PGA tour, Did you speak with any LIV players?

I picture Tiger and Jack sitting around watching DGPT in the clubhouse at the masters.

I will hand it to you, your trolling is a notch above most.

LMAO all the players on the PGA tour, Did you speak with any LIV players?

I picture Tiger and Jack sitting around watching DGPT in the clubhouse at the masters.

I will hand it to you, your trolling is a notch above most.

i only speak what i feel is right and have NEVER lied on this website about ANYTHING. Take that as you will.

i know most of the PGA Tour has seen this clip as a few of the players shared it with most of the others. And no, they didn't share it on the internet as it was accompanied with some not so positive comments. Wouldn't want to the PGA Tour to get all surly with them for kicking another sport while it's down.

If the life cycle of this thread could be compared to a person it would be on hospice, on life support. Giving it's watchers hope that something good will come out of it, but always limping to it's inevitable ending.

^Oh, I doubt there's much hope. People killing time at work is the only thing keeping this thread alive.

i only speak what i feel is right and have NEVER lied on this website about ANYTHING. Take that as you will.

i know most of the PGA Tour has seen this clip as a few of the players shared it with most of the others. And no, they didn't share it on the internet as it was accompanied with some not so positive comments. Wouldn't want to the PGA Tour to get all surly with them for kicking another sport while it's down.

I spoke with many chess grand masters and also Magnus Carlsen and he said, not respecting the clock was making discgolf a joke. He also doesn't care devaluating things publicly, like the world chess championship, it is not his problem. He's not a scared little boy like PGA players.

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! GUESS WHAT YOU CAN'T STOP POSTING

You are so full of crap your eyes are brown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts