• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko LoCastro intimidating a PDGA official at European Open '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
No targeting at all, just took some officials from another country to actually take the rule seriously and enforce it. Any negative accusations should be pointed at US tour officials for letting players get away with it for too long.

No. They only had to time him a couple dozen times before he finally gave them the penalty they wanted to call. . no targeting here.

I've been throwing SSSS Wizards for about a year, so I don't want people to think I got on board because of Nikko.

I doubt Gateway is viewing this as cynically as you do either. But, yes, it could give them some hype. I definitely don't see it as driving people away from the brand.

EDIT: Nike stayed with Tiger over the years. I'd say in spite of his issues rather because of.

I would agree they likely stayed with Tiger in spite of his issues...but Tiger at the time was the greatest golfer on the planet, and in the conversation of greatest golfer of all time. My guess is they wanted in on any comeback and subsequent rise back to fame.

Nikko is a bit different, not the greatest at the time, not that popular, not going to end in the conversation of greatest ever. BUT...Nikko didn't exactly do anything that would make people say "I can't believe you support this guy, I'm not buying from you". Likewise I also don't think this particular incident is likely to raise sales of Gateway either. Nikko is in trouble for his actions "on the field"...and primarily for his mouth. That's...forgivable...even if it means he gets a decent suspension.

It's probably also worth noting that none of his behavior is shocking. This is who Nikko is. Everyone already knew that. Anyone who sponsors him should definitely already know that. It's over the line, but it's not exactly unexpected that something like this would happen at some point. This one just had a lot more publicity given that it was a major.

Not at all. Once the warning was given by the players, they should have kept timing him and applied any penalties. if they failed to keep timing him, the warning status should have been lifted at the time they stopped timing him.

No. They only had to time him a couple dozen times before he finally gave them the penalty they wanted to call. . no targeting here.

A curious contradiction...

Zoomers may wear their hearts on their sleeves but they are even more easily manipulated by traditional advertising than the preceding generations. Unless outside forces conspire to organize the zoomers into a boycott, they will absorb the media saturation and buy Gateway. Expect a flock of broccoli heads throwing Wizards next spring.

TBH Nikko dating the breakout sweetheart of 2022 is probably the biggest boost for his popularity.

Took me a while to get used to people throwing octopus on the ice at Red Wing playoff games. Sadly, octopus sales in the D have been dismally low the past several years. :(

Ever since I was a kid, I wondered how many people went home from any given hockey game disappointed their octopus wasnt needed.

I did not realize we were dealing with Red Wings fans here. That makes me re think my participation in this thread.

giphy-downsized.gif

:D

If there was an actual physical assault (full on brawl) would a player be allowed to still play tournaments before that 3 to 4 week process?

If that were the case I would think PDGA penalties would be the least of his worries since my guess is the local authorities would get involved at that point.

Ever since I was a kid, I wondered how many people went home from any given hockey game disappointed their octopus wasnt needed.

And then there are the Bill's fans love of Tom Brady.

I haven't figured out yet how to imbed a photo, but I tried to post the infamous pic of the Brady Dildo.

And then there are the Bill's fans love of Tom Brady.

I haven't figured out yet how to imbed a photo, but I tried to post the infamous pic of the Brady Dildo.

To add photos, you have two choices.

1. before clicking reply, choose Go Advanced.
or
2. once you are in the reply window, there are the Additional Options towards the bottom. One is attach files.

If that were the case I would think PDGA penalties would be the least of his worries since my guess is the local authorities would get involved at that point.

Depends on the attitude of your local authorities. There are some that won't bother answering a call about a fist fight. Some will just write a ticket to show up for court with no jail visit. Some will just process you through the system, and let you go quickly on a low bail. With the cancel culture and defund the police movements, an assault is even less priority.

I lived many years in an area where you'd get a voicemail when you call the local sheriff's office. That's why everyone has so many guns. Just trying to give you all a different viewpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.