• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Non-Discraft/Innova plastics are dyeable?

skinner21

* Ace Member *
I am familar enough with Discraft and Innova to know which plastics are good for dyeing purposes, but I have little to no experience with discs from other manufactures, let alone which plastics to stay away from when dyeing.

So, what has your experience been with dyeing other plastics? I would love if we were able to fill in this list:

• Innova
    DX: Bad​
    Pro/Champ/Star: Good​
  • Discraft
    Pro D: Bad​
    Elite X/Elite Z/ESP/FLX: Good​
  • DGA ???
  • Millennium
    Quantum: Good​
    Millennium/Sirius:???​
  • Quest AT ???
  • Gateway ???
  • Ching ???
  • Lightning ???
  • Latitude 64 ???
  • Discwing ???
  • Snap ???
  • DG Aotearoa ???

I will hopefully be adding more Latitude 64 to this list within the week. :D

Lat 64's Opto line holds dye real well, this I know first hand.
From what I've seen Gateways Evolution HPP holds a vibrant dye.
I used to have a flydyed DGA Proline disc that the colors were very bright on so I imagine Proline is a safe bet for dying on.

the 2 i have dyed are lighting 1 didnt take to the dye after the 20 minute mark , the other is decent, but not bright after 45 minutes.

I have dyed Millenium QJLS discs.
I believe they are equivalent to champ Beasts (?).

Gateway Evolution HPP
santaapache.jpg

Gateway SuperSoft, similar to DX, bled like a stuck pig, but I think it helped the dye.
voodoosupersoftvoodoo.jpg

I'll be trying a Lat64 Premiere plastic dye soon. Also Innova Pro plastic isn't the easiest to dye, just a tiny bit better than DX in my experience.

the only pro plastic I've tried turned out better than I expected as far as color vibrancy. But it was a commissioned piece so I won't get to witness how it ages.
picture.php

Has anybody tried to dye the old discraft tourney pro plastic. I have a green tp cyclone that a dye might make easier to find.

Latest posts