• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noob checking in!!

Shaun78

Just wanted to say wazzup! Been playing for a few weeks and now hooked.... My wife is sick of hearing about it already. Got a few cheapo beginner discs from academy and played the course by my house a few times, I'm not good, but having a blast. My arm isn't hurting so darn bad after a round so I must be getting a little better. Thanks for all the great info I have found while trolling the forums.

That's what I'm guessing. If he's from H-town and born in '78, there's a slight possibility I may have gone to college with him. But what are the odds of that?

im telling yah my girlfriend hates me talking about it lol hahah but i have only been playing for about a month my near by course im good at now so its kinda boring

No college for me. Just a grease monkey at a car dealer. From Humble, TX. Just outside Houston.

Hey Shaun, I live in Humble, myself. Welcome, we should meet for a round sometime. The closest course to Humble, is Timber Lane off of FM 1960 and Aldine Westfield. Rivergrove park in Kingwood is closed to the public. Do go out there or your car will get towed with out a "K" sticker.

Cool. I'm in Humble as well. PM me if you want some people to throw with. And welcome to the site.

It's going to be one big f'ing Dg party in Humble. Wow, DG capital of TX now. You guys need to start working on a course.

welcome to you new addiction! I am two weeks in and already have a Fade Comp bag and 14 discs in it, when i said at first that i only needed 3 discs and had no need for a bag. I've aleady driven to Disc Nation in Austin 6 times and luckily my wife is interested in the sport as well. Have fun!

Just wanted to say wazzup! Been playing for a few weeks and now hooked.... My wife is sick of hearing about it already. Got a few cheapo beginner discs from academy and played the course by my house a few times, I'm not good, but having a blast. My arm isn't hurting so darn bad after a round so I must be getting a little better. Thanks for all the great info I have found while trolling the forums.

The best indication DG just gained another lifer. :thmbup:

Be careful you don't injure yourself. Develop a warmup routine and don't try to throw it too hard. I'm nursing an injured shoulder right now from trying to throw a forehand shot way to hard.

haven't been around for too long but welcome.

i was most impressed by the spelling of your name. (mine is spelled the same way) aren't too many of us around.

Latest posts