• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

like I said, I'm not sure its true, but supposedly its something in the melted plastic, some gas or something thats harmful. so it shouldn't transfer to throwers.

once again, not my opinion, just what I've heard, take what you will.

yeah I've heard that too but nothing definitive or anything. It could have easily been too expensive or the manufacturer ran out of that glow plastic.

I saw a Lightning putter today at PIAS, are these discs any good? It was pretty cheap, so I was a little weary buying it. What is everyone's opinion?

personally, I think lightning's plastic is crap. I just really don't like it. but I've only felt their drivers, so I can't help much.

Also what is the deal with Discmania? Is it part of Innova? Are any of their discs worth looking in to?

Discmania is just an associated company of Innova. From what I understand a lot of the molds are similar and can be referred to as Innova Europe. I know a few people that really like their discs and you'll find a lot of advocates for the DD2 frenzy.

Discmania is just an associated company of Innova. From what I understand a lot of the molds are similar and can be referred to as Innova Europe. I know a few people that really like their discs and you'll find a lot of advocates for the DD2 frenzy.

Did you mean to type the PD? B/c that is by far the most recommended Discmania disc.

Discmania has lots of fun discs to try out and are worth checking out. There is a Discmania thread over on DGR that explains the discs pretty well.

Why is there so few peeps here from Cali?

Also, (maybe tied to te first Q?) how does a person log 20 courses in 1 yr played? (CA is big, courses far apart)

P.S. I would love to play your local courses, been to 15 states, played in 2.

Real high standards you have there. Slacker.

It's not standards.... It's the way I am reading the definition of the word.
and I don't appreciate you calling me names. I never said anything bad about you and resorting to name calling is a very ignorant way to get a point across.

All of my 9 aces are all first drives. I have no aces that aren't first drives.

the common definition for an ace is:
"""In golf, a hole in one or hole-in-one (also known as an ace, mostly in American English) is when a player hits the ball directly from the tee into the cup with one shot. """
as long as you are getting from the teepad to the basket in 1 shot (and not another shot after leaving the teepad like getting a birdie) it's still an ace. The definition makes no statement as to how many throws were made beforehand from the same teepad.

I also don't understand why I'm a slacker?

Sorry for the threadjack Frank!
btw.. I sent ya a message.. LMK if you got it!

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

don't get harshed out by the slacker comment. It really wasn't much IMO. Like Frank D says, you gotta have thick skin to be on the Internet... or he says something like that anyway.

I responded to your PM... seems you are pretty intent on your point here.

I'm glad that your 9 Aces are really what I would call Aces! :D

-Noill Golf
some random guy playing disc golf

Not an ace. They call them Cubby aces in disc golf. YouTube Cubby Ace, you'll see.

How many does he have now?

Not an ace. They call them Cubby aces in disc golf. YouTube Cubby Ace, you'll see.

How many does he have now?

I know who he is. I've played golf with him before. I started playing before he was posting youtube videos. You call them cubby aces.. doesn't mean that's what it's officially called.

I won't comment any more on the ace subject as requested by Frank on page #something-or-other.

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

I know who he is. I've played golf with him before. I started playing before he was posting youtube videos. You call them cubby aces.. doesn't mean that's what it's officially called.

I won't comment any more on the ace subject as requested by Frank on page #something-or-other.

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

No one cares what Frank says...

I see guys running up from well beyond the concrete tees to make their tosses.
How much run-up is legal? Both on the teepad and in the fairway.

I know you are asking frank, but I just got back from work and wanted to check this thread before I went to bed.

You can run up from as far away from the teepad as you want. As long as you have all of your supporting points in the tee area when you release the disc you are ok..
So you can run from 50feet behind the box as long as you end up with your plant leg(and back leg if it's still on the ground) on the concrete box or in the dimensions of the box.

It can be difficult to tell when you are in the teepad area when you are on natural tees as usually just the front is marked, but the PDGA might have a general dimension for teepads that aren't clearly marked (like 4ft wide in the front. 12 feet long. and 6feet wide in the back or somethign like that)..

this is also true off the fairway as long as you have no supporting points that are in front of your marker at the time you release AND your plant foot is located directly behind the marker no further away than 11in(i could be wrong about this measurement but it sounds about right).

Hope this has helped ya peabody.

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

Latest posts