• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

not how you drive, its how you arrive

CFH-mn

Par Member
its not how far you can drive, its all about how you arrive from your second throw- but it doesnt hurt to have a big gun...:thmbup:

Damn you have been playing for 21 years and only have 9 courses under your belt?! Get out brother

metro

theres only 12 worth playing around the twin cities.
i live 3 minutes from three coursed 26, 24 and a 9 hole. why waste time in the car with top notch Kaposia an Valley dgc just minutes away.

take only score- leave only footprints.

Last edited:
Damn you have been playing for 21 years and only have 9 courses under your belt?! Get out brother

I have played more than what I have listed. Those are the only ones I have reviewed.

I personally have played at least 30. I am just behind on my reviews. I am sure this man is the same

its not how far you can drive, its all about how you arrive from your second throw- but it doesnt hurt to have a big gun...:thmbup:

wise man once said "it's all about the second shot"...

i'd rather be short in the middle of the fairway than 150' farther in the middle of the sticks. (which is good for me since i can't throw very far :p)

Nah... it's about how you putt... then about how well you approach... but if you ask me the most fun is the drive

Now, I'll tell you that it's really important to get to other states' DG courses as they tend to have their own flavor and if you're only playin' in one state then it's like only having vanilla ice cream your whole life and what kind of fun is that?

Drive for Show and Putt for Dough.

I may not be able to putt.... BUT I CAN DRIVE FARTHER THAN YOU!

(two t-shirts I've seen while playing)

2 200' shots are easier to control than 1 300' and 1 100'. When I throw I try to achieve the best position for the next shot. Kinda like shooting pool. Always be mindful of your leave.

I generally go for 1 400 foot throw and a gimme birdie.

I've found there's tons of courses in this country that are worth playing, If all you've got is Kaposia and North Valley - both nice courses yeah, but there's much better ones out there. MN has a ton to offer, I bet there's 100 worthwhile courses within 4 hours drive of the TC.

But, to each their own. I've become addicted to traveling and get "claustrophobic" if I'm stuck in one place for more than a couple months. Some people are afraid to leave their back yard.

wise man once said "it's all about the second shot"...

i'd rather be short in the middle of the fairway than 150' farther in the middle of the sticks. (which is good for me since i can't throw very far :p)

:thmbup:

Nah... it's about how you putt... then about how well you approach... but if you ask me the most fun is the drive

Now, I'll tell you that it's really important to get to other states' DG courses as they tend to have their own flavor and if you're only playin' in one state then it's like only having vanilla ice cream your whole life and what kind of fun is that?

:thmbup:

theres only 12 worth playing around the twin cities.
i live 3 minutes from three coursed 26, 24 and a 9 hole. why waste time in the car with top notch Kaposia an Valley dgc just minutes away.

:thmbdown:

**** approaches, I like putting my drives within 15' of the pin :p

If your second throw goes in chains that's the way I like to play.

I have played more than what I have listed. Those are the only ones I have reviewed.

I personally have played at least 30. I am just behind on my reviews. I am sure this man is the same

You can still go in and mark courses as played without doing a review.

What a load of crap. I'd much rather have a 100 foot approach left to me than a 200 foot approach. Adding yards to your maximum drive DOES lower scores in a couple ways:

1) It makes holes that were impossible to birdie possible and
2) It allows you to throw slower/straighter/more reliable discs when you are throwing shorter holes. If I'm throwing a buzz on holes you have to throw a teebird on, on average I'm going to have a better chance at scoring low on that hole.

Then there's people like my dad who can only drive 125-150. He rarely gets the chance to putt for par. Adding 50 feet to his drives would cut off a lot of throws.

Yeah that doesnt apply to the majority of disc golf courses. Unless u wanna stay in the Rec division. That advice is for the ball golf forum:)