• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Officially in Florida!

WillACarpenter

* Ace Member *
I've moved to Citrus County here on the Nature Coast of Florida (west coast by the Gulf of Mexico) and I've already walked around my most local course Whispering Pines.

I still have to edit my Signature here on DGCR!

I have an interview next week, but I'm unemployed until then, if anybody wants to throw a round LET ME KNOW!

I am VERY MUCH in!

Congrats on the move and good luck with the job!

You may want to remove yourself as a course guide on any courses.

Hmm, seems that we be friends on facebook, but not on here. Let me fix that.

If you make it down this way lmk.

Good luck. But won't you miss playing in the snow? :p
I think he'll miss playing courses with elevation more than he'll miss playing in the snow.
Good luck with the job hunt Will, hope the move works out well for you!

Hit Ocala Greenway, you'll like it, and it doesn't seem that far from you.

Last edited:
I think he'll miss playing courses with elevation more than he'll miss playing in the snow.
Good luck with the job hunt Will, hope the move works out well for you!

Hit Ocala Greenway, you'll like it, and it doesn't seem that far from you.

Whispering Pines actually has some elevation changes! It's really nice, I just got my first round in, 3 deuces!

Welcome to Central Florida!

Whispering Pines is a fun course. There is a handicap there on Saturdays, starts at 10:00 am or 11:00 am. Not sure which. But long time golfers there, and my husband has been friends with them for nearly 10 years. It's who he started playing with.

I have only played my three establishing rounds at the handicap there, but it's a nice group of players.

Floral City has a great course as well. That one has to be my favorite course in the area. Driving about an hour north to Ocala will net you two more courses, Pine Oaks and the Greenway. I haven't played the Greenway since I've improved my game. Pine Oaks, I play regularly. They have a handicap on Sundays that has a good amount of players.

You may want to remove yourself as a course guide on any courses.
How exactly do I do that? I have been trying to figure it out, but I'm missing something.
To remove yourself as a guide, go to:
My Dashboard > Dashboard Home > Guiding tab

...then just click the trash can for the courses you no longer guide for.

They are also adding in a second course at Whispering Pines. You can find out more about that by going to the handicap on Saturdays!

not sure about your developing situation (and youre not that close to where i am) but i can hit turkey lake for 36 with a little notice most afternoons(not tuesday)

i could also hit river city most tuesdays.

and, closer to you, im hoping to hit the course in mt dora on an upcoming tuesday.

500$ ace fund at Barnett!!! About a hour or so away!!!! Handis on Sun 10:45!!!! Last 3 weeks averaged 50 players!!! Come join us!!!