• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Oldest disc in your bag?

How old is your oldest thrower?

• Total voters
The oldest disc I got bagged is a 1.8 year old Champion Firebird . There is nothing currently in my bag that's older than that, I had to switch up my weights for tournaments in my area a little over a year ago.

This mold and plastic also has the longest tenure in the bag as well. I got a beat max weight 11x and Champ Firebird I throw in the bag sometimes for practice rounds, it's the oldest disc I still have around. I'm much more likely to lose a disc than kick one out for being too old and broken-in.

When I started playing I picked up a 3 disc set from Gotta Go Gotta Throw. The stratus is warped enough that you get dizzy looking at it...but it turns great! Had it for 15-16 years. I suppose when it finally bites it I'll have to learn to throw forehand.

Jeebus, the newest disc in my bag is older than a lot of the oldest discs in this thread!

I'm still throwing most of the stuff I bought in the 1990s, RAM, Leopard, Stratus, 78 Mold, etc. I did switch from SE Rhyno to Star Dart a couple of years ago, so those are the newest, but everything else is 15+ years old.

I guess my oldest bagged disc is my 78 mold, probably from '94 or so. My go-to driver is a red SE Leopard from maybe 2000-2001.

I have four from 2011 when I started:

-a Z Buzzz which is no longer flat and has hit two aces
-a Medium Wizard which still has its bead, my first Wizard
-a Soft opaque proton Ion "Stormtrooper"
-a Champ Rhyno that dates back to when I played casually and was purchased used pre-2011 "Zipper-top"

I had a blue dx cobra that I bought in 1996 when I first played with a buddy in college. I didn't get hooked at first and the disc sat basically unused in my closet for over a decade until I started playing again in the late 2000s. I sadly lost it in 2012 or so, otherwise it'd still be in my bag. Great disc. Oldest currently in my bag is a max weight star firebird I bought in 2009, and which scored my one and only career ace. Still as beefy as ever.

I have a roc and a wizard in my bag that have been in there 6 or 7 years. I still have the aviar, Teebird and Valkyrie I bought 12 years ago but I don't bag them anymore. They make great loaner discs for beginners though.

I have a PD in the bag that's been there since they were first released in S Line. The stamp has completely worn off and it is as flippy as a Roadrunner. If we're considering when the disc was made, I have a 10x Roc that is in the flippy midrange slot.

I found this slice of excellence just sitting on the ground near a basket in I think 2004, and it took over the primary putter slot pretty much immediately. I've experimented with replacements over the years, mostly because I refuse to drop the $ for another chains Aviar (and occasionally get offers for this one), but I've given up looking. It is just too nice a putter to not use, and I keep a spare older DX bagged in case there is any danger behind the basket.

So I voted 10+ years, though the disc itself is probably 20+.

Attachments

• chains1.jpg
    chains1.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 19
Longest thrown: Either my flat, stiff Glo Firebird which is still my most stable FB, or my Stiff PD2 topped Star Destroyer. Almost 18 months in the bag and still my most stable Destroyer.

Oldest age-wise: Super opaque fingerprinty PFN Champ Banshee. Omg that plastic blend is sweet.

It's probably my soft SE Rhyno, but it was made before I started playing 8 years ago, so I'm not sure how old it is.

LE/Pro Sentinels and "1.1" Jaybird Sentinels circa 1998. I'm never without a couple San Marino mold Sentinels.

I have an early Champ Destroyer that I won at my first tourney playing Rec some four or five years back. It's got the Dynamic Discs stamp on it if that tells you anything. It's been beat to hell but still flies beautifully for anhyzer lines.

Beat in star FBird, learned the FH with it probably 8 years ago and it only gets better

Latest posts