• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] One Disc Round

MaxFlight

Eagle Member
Alright folks. Let's hear what you're using for a 1 disc round and why.

For me, it's been my Discraft Zombee. It's reliable in the wind, great control between 200-300 feet, and holds a strait line for putting (although Z plastic isn't ideal for putts). It's capable of flex shots, big hyzers, turnovers, rollers, and dead-strait shots. I'm confident with it for open and wooded courses. It's taken some seasoning to get it to this point, but it's amazing.

2nd to that would be my KC Pro Roc. Doesn't travel quite as far as my Zombee, but a bit better in the short-game and putting.

What about you?

I'd either use a D P3 oder a Zone. A faster putter mold that is. Which one depends on the course and weather conditions: if I more like to have the fade or not.

We play 3 discs round in our club and sometimes 2-discs . . .but one? Problably Z Buzzz, the only mid i can really putt with

I likes Mvp Atoms. Distance potential is much farther than most other putters and I putt with it in normal rounds. Not the 1st time this question has been brought up. Quite a few guys will agree with me on the Mvp putters but you're gonna hear lots of Wizard recommendations, good disc also.

LUL!!! Aw, com'n. They're still fun conversations. :D

Personally, it's totally dependent on the course. Typically it's either a P-P2 or a 400G M4. Something fairly neutral that can have angles manipulated easily. Putters or a mid that I feel comfortable putting with as well.

It's whatever. On a pitch 'n putt, everybody can throw a putter. On a modern course it's meh. There is no best answer. Whatever is your strength, play to it. If you are a big arm, throw a driver and try to grab strokes on distance. If you are a deadly putter, throw a putter and try to grab strokes on your short game. Any way you do it, you are going to end up wishing you had some other disc over, and over...and over.

I've never understood the fascination with one disc rounds.

Learn to putt with your disc upside down, you can use any disc for that and it would help narrow down your choices.
The only time I would do a one disc round is if I wanted to learn and break in a new disc.

Probably a Pro Leopard. I think I can get one far enough past a mid to justify any issues presented by putting. Although, the last two times I did this, I used a Truth.

Electron Firm Envy

Went 7 months without an Envy in the bag, worst 7 months of my life

It's whatever. On a pitch 'n putt, everybody can throw a putter. On a modern course it's meh. There is no best answer. Whatever is your strength, play to it. If you are a big arm, throw a driver and try to grab strokes on distance. If you are a deadly putter, throw a putter and try to grab strokes on your short game. Any way you do it, you are going to end up wishing you had some other disc over, and over...and over.

I've never understood the fascination with one disc rounds.

I'm not doing one disc rounds for fun or to score well. I do them once in a while with a putter or a roc to work on form. It's hard to hide bad form from certain discs. I think of it as a tune up when something gets a bit out of whack. A couple of one disc rounds in a row and I'm usually back on track.

I do 1.5 disc rounds...

Throw a Buzzz for all shots except putting, I carry a Wizard

I dig fast putters for one-disc rounds. Colt, Aviar3, or Studs are good choices.

I also dig Zephyrs or UltraStars as well. SuperClass is the bees-knees.

Latest posts