• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

opinions needed on the best discs to throw please.

CheRoqs

i am fairly new to this game and am asking for opinions on some discs that will help me out...i am currently throwing a nuke, beast, and leopard for driving...a roc, and stingray for midrange, and a magnet for putting...any suggestions as to which discs i should take outta my bag and which i should add to try would be appreciated. thank you.:thmbup:

the nuke should go. throwing high speed drivers as a beginner can really screw up your game. if the beast is light (160's) you should be able to keep that one in there, but if it's heavier I advise taking it out. everything else is good.

As a beginner, I would just use the Leopard, Roc, Stingray and your putter. Starting out, you could even drop the stingray, but i is a really good disc to learn how to annhyzer.

Put away the nuke and the beast unless you are getting them 400'

Everything else looks good.

Get a couple putters and practice putting.

Drive for show, putt for dough.

really dont have a lot to go on, but im not shooting how i would like to... right now im shooting in the high 60's low 70's for 18 holes and need to shave more strokes off...my technique needs work...so overall i would say im throwing them like poop.

he means Right hand back hand or left hand fore hand
He means how far do you throw your drivers
He wants more info on you.

The nuke definitely needs to go. As for a good first driver, I always suggest the Valkryie...especially the 150g Champion version. I throw several of them and they are definitely by far my favorite disc. Otherwise, Dragons are good first drivers as well -- that is what I started with and really liked it.

Garret

As a beginner, I would just use the Leopard, Roc, Stingray and your putter. Starting out, you could even drop the stingray, but i is a really good disc to learn how to annhyzer.

^^this^^
I was in your shoes not too long ago & this would be a great lineup. If you just HAVE to have a driver faster than the leopard, I would suggest an X XL. It will be a very straight thrower in no time

My three goto discs are still putter and roc. I do use stingray for tailwind drives and rollers, but those are kind of things to learn later. Much more often than the stingray, I find myself turning to a whippet or firebird for headwinds, hard right and left turns, and overhead shots, but that is also something to learn later.

But putter and roc (or putter and buzz if you decide you prefer discraft) will normally be 75% of your game, even when you become a champ. And you can do a lot worse than focus on those two discs for now. Later, you can start working in an overstable disc and an understable disc.

Latest posts