• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OS Distance Driver Suggestion

Probably really depends on what you end up with for a wraith. Innova discs, especially distance drivers, are like a box of chocolates. You're never really sure what you're going to get.

This is my concern and also what intrigues me. Consistency and plastic/hand feel is what drove me to MVP originally. Not that MVP is 100% on consistency but they seem to do better than most. But that seems to be half the fun of Innova drivers. Going to a shop, comparing dome and PLH, scouring the used bin for that perfect run of Destroyer.

Anyway, a halo or fresh star wraith might be a good place to start.

Well kinda 50' past my speed range but IMO: the trace is a lot like a surge, little turn a little fade. The wraith is faster and flatter more of a flat bomber not so much a big s or flex disc, more of a mini s... similar to an octane in that they don't do as well with a 20 degree anny but I haven't thrown one for a decade. Personally I use a light fizz octane as my max distance driver.

Photons are the next logical MVP step up but some of em are wicked beefy, fission is nice. Sounds like you like them lighter, other than the wraith/wrath I would submit a 169 plasma Mayhem as my suggestion for the role. It does an S well and doesn't seem to have that critical anhyzer angle where when exceeded it just dives. I find it cheats well when underpowered. Kinda feels a bit like a trace too. I use it as an extreme wind disc myself.

I love my photons but the trace seemed to be a bit more forgiving for my arm speed if I gave it too much hyzer. I did have a HOFC photon that was a firebird in disguise.

Haven't considered a Mayhem, the rim width always scared me away.

Picked up a used halo wraith today and after 1 round it seems to fit the bill in terms of flight. I got a couple mint discs at the same time and my only complaint with the wraith is the plastic is just a little slicker and doesn't come out of the hand quite as clean as the MVP produced plastic from Mint.

It's not a fair comparison in plastic because the wraith has definitely got some wear while the Mint I picked up were fresh.

Latest posts