• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Other disc company and the disc to try from them

Dakotadisc605

I have grown to love Innova and Discraft. But I would like to try know more about other company's like Disc mania, Dynamic, Trilogy and all the other. Also what are some of the best disc to try from them?

Last edited:
Oh boy, this should be interesting!
:popcorn::popcorn:

Without any specifics of what type of discs you're looking to try, this is going to go all over the place.

Here are a few you might want to try:
Discmania: FD
Dynamic: Judge/Warden (depending on whether you want a bead or not)
Lat64: Explorer
Westside: Harp
Axiom: Proxy
MVP: Volt
Reptilian: Stego
Kastaplast: Kaxe
Aerobie: Epic
Quest: Turbo Putt

Oh boy, this should be interesting!
:popcorn::popcorn:

Without any specifics of what type of discs you're looking to try, this is going to go all over the place.

Even with specifics these things go all over the place.

Q: "Hey I'm looking for a midrange, something a little more stable than a roc. Large diameter and in a clear premium plastic."
A: "Bro, you have got to try a Discraft Nuke SS and a Dynamic Discs Freedom. They go soooo far!"

Discmania: FD, FD3
Gateway: Wizard, Prophecy
Lat64: Explorer, Dagger, Culverin
Reptilian(RDG): Gila
DD: Felon , Convict, Judge
Westside: Harp, Underworld

This makes me think of a cool question to ask about picking only one disc from each manufacturer and playing a round with just those discs you have chosen!!

Westside Underworld in Tourney Plastic
Lat64 Core in Gold line

Then if you try and don't like, send to me:D

Latitude 64 gems:
Mercy, Compass (max weight beat in), Explorer (beat in SE for < 330') and Flow (beat up for max distance and stable for reliable hyzers with glide).

All four are stable but straight for their distance and very efficient to flip up to straight once beat in!

I have grown to love Innova and Discraft. But I would like to try know more about other company's like Disc mania, Dynamic, Trilogy and all the other. Also what are some of the best disc to try from them?

Dynamic Discs:
Check out their midranges. The best lineup in my opinion. Several different molds that all feel very similar in the hand, which makes it easy to get used to throwing any of their molds: (from US to OS) Evidence, Truth, Emac Truth, Verdict, and the Justice.

Lat 64:
Explorer is a straight to stable fairway driver. Teebird like.
Pure is my favorite driving putter. Dead straight in Opto plastic.

Westside:
Longbowman is like a seasoned Firebird or Felon. Stable but playable.
Destiny is a bomber understable driver.
I love their TP plastic...feels awesome, and it beats in real fast. Which isn't a bad thing if you cycle.
And as everyone else mentioned, the Harp. I didnt care for the grip of it backhand, but I must admit, if you are sidearm dominant, you'll want this disc.

Legacy. Clutch is the best putter ever. Rival is great, in between tb and thunderbird for me. All their high speed drivers are great. The other putters though not as good are good and some great filler discs like the patriot

I'll just mention what I'm bagging: I putt with the DD Marshal. The Westside Harp is my choice for an overstable approach disc. I'm working with the Lat64 Pure as a straight-to-understable throwing/approach putter. The Infinite Discs Tomb (made by Innova) is a great approach disc. The Discmania FD is a great and highly respected fairway driver. The Lat64 Falchion is a glidey control driver, and the Lat64 Fury is a good understable disc. The Infinite Discs Sphinx is an awesome understable control driver. As to drivers, Trilogy makes the Sheriff and the Trespass.

Now's a great time to discover Vibram's disc lineup.

Haha. I did, it actually piqued my interest. Discovered some cool Vibram discs. I like OOP **** anyways.

PD from Discmania is great
Rival from Legacy is tits
Justice from Dynamic is an, experience let's say
Soft Proxy from MVP is dope
Vibram firm plastic is nice
Innova polecat if you haven't.

Last edited:
I don't know enough about your power level and style but here are a few that are well worth bagging.

Westside VIP Pine
DGA Proline Quake
RDG Amber Gila

I like Judge (less stable KC Aviar), Truth (shallower Buzzz) and Trespass (shallow beat destroyer).

You might, too. Idk!

There are, I believe, a gazillion discs now. And I don't think trying to "throw them all" is a good idea.

Latest posts