• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Overhand shots to be prohibited in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will someone please tell me that what I heard today is false? Supposedly in 2013, overhand throws, such as tomahawks and thumbers, shall be prohibited by the PDGA in tournaments.

Don't worry, I heard that the world is going to end in 2012, so this rule will never be implemented.

Its obvious BS. What's next? Ban scoobies, turbo putts and chicken wings? Problem solving via creative shot selection is one of the things that make this game so appealing.

I heard they were thinking of eliminating the back hand throw but only for left handed players. Makes it easier for course designers.

If this is true there will definitely be people boycotting the pdga. Myself included

They still mention 'throwing it with your foot' at PDGA. A type of throw will never be banned. This is a stupid thread.

No, there are no restrictions on how you throw the disc. You may throw backhand, sidearm, overhand, thumber, or any other way that occurs to you. You can throw it with your foot if that works for you.

Super_20Troopers_20Shenanigans_2001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts