• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Overstable Fuse?

Snaques

Eagle Member
I've been throwing Fuse for quite a few years by now and I love it to death. I've been maxing out at 300' with my midranges and I've been able to find Opto-X Fuses that have been dead straight at those speeds.

However, this summer I've found somewhere some more distance and even the more stable Fuses have started flipping a bit. They will definitely still remain in the bag, but I'd be interested to know what that longer putter for higher speeds from Trilogy is?

I also bag a Trust, but that is still straight to fade mid for me. I've tried all kinds of Truths, but they are either stable like Trust, or more like S-curve mini fairway drivers, same for Evidence. Claymore seems very shallow so maybe not as glidey and I suspect same can be said about Compass.

So any ideas? Ideal would be Fuse in a specific run, but if something else comes close then I'm all ears.

Have you tried the Warship in that slot. Slightly faster, super glidy, and holds straight or can be manipulated to hold a gentle turnover or pushing hyzer if needed.

Have you tried the Warship in that slot. Slightly faster, super glidy, and holds straight or can be manipulated to hold a gentle turnover or pushing hyzer if needed.
That's actually a good idea.

I've heard it's surprisingly straight for such a fast midrange, but for some reason never tried it. I guess I was worried that it has a tweener rim that makes it weird to slot in your bag.

Maybe I have to check one at the store and see how it feels in the hand.

I'll 2nd the Warship. It's a Roc ish feeling mid so it might not be your cup of tea but I threw them alongside Fuses a lot. I prefer the Glimmer Trilogy challenge run but the orbit TC ones are nice too. The Gold/Opto Ice Fuses can be pretty doggone stable too, better than some Opto X ones I've had.

Gatekeeper might work as well but it's slower, like a mid with putter flight.

I'll 2nd the Warship. It's a Roc ish feeling mid so it might not be your cup of tea but I threw them alongside Fuses a lot. I prefer the Glimmer Trilogy challenge run but the orbit TC ones are nice too. The Gold/Opto Ice Fuses can be pretty doggone stable too, better than some Opto X ones I've had.

Gatekeeper might work as well but it's slower, like a mid with putter flight.
I wasn't even looking for anything special, but noticed that a "local" online store had Opto Ice Moonshine Fuses on stock. I'm not pointing any fingers, but just motivated by this comment I thought I would give them a try considering Moonshine is often a tad more OS and potentially Ice as well.

Again, not blaming anyone, but holy moly were they a disappointment. First of, they were board flat which is always alarming when talking about Fuses. Second, the plastic was softer than what normal Optos are, more like the Frost plastic they used to have. And finally as you probably guessed already, they were the flippiest Fuses out of the box I've ever tried.

I do prefer to feel the disc in my hand before buying, but this time I just couldn't resists and got burned. They might make the winter bag as the grip was nice and I could use a flippier mid when cold.

I wasn't even looking for anything special, but noticed that a "local" online store had Opto Ice Moonshine Fuses on stock. I'm not pointing any fingers, but just motivated by this comment I thought I would give them a try considering Moonshine is often a tad more OS and potentially Ice as well.

Again, not blaming anyone, but holy moly were they a disappointment. First of, they were board flat which is always alarming when talking about Fuses. Second, the plastic was softer than what normal Optos are, more like the Frost plastic they used to have. And finally as you probably guessed already, they were the flippiest Fuses out of the box I've ever tried.

I do prefer to feel the disc in my hand before buying, but this time I just couldn't resists and got burned. They might make the winter bag as the grip was nice and I could use a flippier mid when cold.
I haven't seen any Moonshine Fuses but yeah, flat usually means flippy for Fuses.

Latest posts