• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Overstable Putters

I use a Crosslap Credo. It's probably the most overstable putter on the market. I love the soft/advanced plastic and how incredibly dependable it is. Before the Credo, I used a Sinus but found the Credo to be much more likable.

For those of you who don't know the Credo, here's Mike C's Credo Test Video.

right now i'm running wizards for everyday duties and cycling through them. they handle wind nicely so i don't need to switch up to an "OS putter" for putting duties.

the breaker, however, stays in my bag as a utility putter. love it. the super low profile is just what i need for flicks and such.

The Crosslap Credo.

I like it because it is massively overstable, more than most OS putters like VP's, PA1's, Rhynos, Pigs etc. Zone is probably the only disc I've thrown that compares to it. It has a comfortable rim shape for my FH and BH grip, and I get a clean release with it too. Some other OS putters are shaped in a way they stick to my hand sometimes off the tee.

I use the soft plastic at the moment, because it has such little skip. The Credo just wants to fight to the ground hardz then stop as soon as it touches down.

I'm comfortable throwing my Ions on a 300' hyzer in mild winds, so I didn't really need something slightly more OS. But the Credo and Ion are like night and day when it comes to stability.

I never putt with anything but Ions though, wind or no wind.

^^ yeah, what they said is true. the credo is a beast. i tried the basic plastic and found it to not grip chains very well, but incredibly useful as a ridiculously OS driving putter. the basic plastic is a great base mix, if you ask me.

the jokeri was too short for me distance-wise in premium (very OS, but good) and warped too easily to be comfortable in my hand for basic; once they come out with the SP breakers in regular production i'mma be all over them. i imagine they'll be beefier than my p-line.

to me, the breaker is less meathook, but always going to go straight and then fade in all the conditions i've played so far.

I use Rhynos for putting, most upshots, and OS putter drives. I've said this elsewhere, but I like putting with Rhynos because they are like pitching horseshoes. With basically no glide, they go just as far as I pitch them for and no further. I also like their low profile: 1.3 cm high, which is 0.5 and 0.2 cm lower then Wizards and Aviars, respectfully.

Zone in cryztal or esp depends on weather
Fits in my hand better than the others I have tried (pig rhyno vp)
Sinus felt right but never thrown one

I've used concave Zones (Pro-D, ESP, and Glo Z) for several years now. I've tried (Sinus, Rhyno, Breaker, Pig, Drone, and Gator) to find a replacement for the role I use it, which is as an approach disc. Nothing has come remotely close to giving me the same amount of confidence throwing it. I'm hoping to get the chance to take a look at the Credo next weekend if I get the chance to throw with Mike C.

A Champion Rhyno is what I use for my overstable putter slot in my bag. I really like how the thumtrac feels in my hand. I throw it backhand, forehand, overhand & even on some rollers. I've never found them to flip in a headwind & it pairs well with my Aviar for driving putters. I don't putt with it though, I don't like putting with overstable putters.

My proton Ion isn't very overstable, just a tick more fade than my Anodes. I like my PA2 for approaches and long putts and the slightly concave PA1 is the most overstable putter I have with the hardest fade of them all.

I don't use them all that often though. For actual putting (push) it's always the Judge. For max range spin putts I like the PA2. For approach shots I usually power down a mid and I'd be more inclined to use an OS mid than an OS putter.

Used to carry a Zone, but now I use the Tensor or a powered down Shock for overstable short duties.

I always putt with the N Ion, no matter the conditions.

Sinus AP here. I used to throw VPs, but the Sinus has more comfortable grip, especially for forehands. And comes in brighter colors. And is cheaper to replace.

I use the the crosslap credo, for the same reasons that elementz and mike c have pinted out. Great OS Putter, and nice gummy plastic.

I have a CryZtal Zone for really overstable shots (wind, flicks, or doglegs), and a newish S-P2 for mildly overstable shots with more glide than the Zone.

Latest posts