• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] PA4 review

The pa4 has quite a rim on it. I can tell that roll always may happen more with this than most putters. Sometimes dgcr is just plain dumb don't take offense.

oh, no worries. i thought it was kinda funny, comparing a basketball to things with varying shapes. though obviously whether or not you putt well in the first place is priority numero uno.

anyway, i've decided this isn't going to be my close range (40' and in) putter. i dialed my grip back in with the pure after watching the feldberg clinic again and figured out what i was doing wrong. this may replace my beat up ZS pure as my long putter (which is why i'm concerned about rolling, since long putts are low %) or my approach disc since it's so darn easy to flip. we'll have to see.

so it's still in the running, just for a different spot. ;)

Wow, hostile environment. I guess rim shape has nothing to do with a higher percentage chance of rollaways. When I do screw up I like to minimize my recovery. My game is all about not ****ing up and maximizing my margin for error, striking when I know I can do it and taking a risk every now and then. Putting should be safe. This putter seems more apt to roll away than my pure so it is definitely a concern, though I do recognize the importance of actually being able to putt.

Kobe also throws a ball that has a standard size and weight. That's the beauty of disc selection...

haha sorry, didnt mean to come across as a dick. I agree, disc does matter, Im a nerd about what discs I use. I just meant I've heard a lot (from many ppl) about how 1 throw will be off so they dismiss the disc instead of fixing the throw...its all good pure it up, have fun, peace :hfive:

Prodigy sent me one of these and some more 2's and 1's. I'll make a video of em soon.

awesome video! the F series, this....THIS is what people need to see. Many good clear shots on a basket (not needing to go IN the basket) to get a good idea of how that disc will act in these types of throws...I could tell just by the throws that I dont need an f1, I own a Pred and use it regularly. I still want to try all the F series though....Prodigy got me like a virus, It started with a buddy I met on the course introducing me, then I found one. Then I bought one, Then I traded for one...then I got another. now....I wana throw em all... I like prodigy discs. My new fav for sure

The pa4 has quite a rim on it. I can tell that roll always may happen more with this than most putters. Sometimes dgcr is just plain dumb don't take offense.

No. Ive had maybe one roll away and ive been using my pa4's for a while now.

No. Ive had maybe one roll away and ive been using my pa4's for a while now.
I have not had any, but the rim design could roll more than others. That is all I was saying, I putt anodes and those don't roll on me either, and when they do it's my fault. Just stating that the rim may roll more often with that squared off edge. Or less who cares! The pa4 rocks!

Get a pa4 in 400s and start driving with it. Thank me later. Although im sure the 300s will work great too.

I thank you now Dekdo. I picked up 2 more 300's and a 400 s. These things are excellent off the tee and for upshots. I also picked up a Pa2 300 for hyzers off the tee 250-285. Man, what a nice disc. So long P2's. For better or worse, Prodigy just keeps filling up more and more of my bag.

I think the real value of Prodigy is that their discs are game ready. I could lose an M4. So what. The disc is stable to understable out of the box. It would take me 100 rounds to get a buzzz to that spot. "I like the M4 here but there's a headwind and I might lose it right." So I throw an M3. It's a good system.

The Pa4 is an excellent putter right away. There's no adjustment period. It took me two months to get a Yeti where I wanted it.

I think the real value of Prodigy is that their discs are game ready. I could lose an M4. So what. The disc is stable to understable out of the box. It would take me 100 rounds to get a buzzz to that spot. "I like the M4 here but there's a headwind and I might lose it right." So I throw an M3. It's a good system.

The Pa4 is an excellent putter right away. There's no adjustment period. It took me two months to get a Yeti where I wanted it.

I don't think that statement really applies to everyone. I think you are just lucky in that Prodigy's discs match your playing style well. Personally, I prefer new Z Buzzzes to beat ones. I also know that if I lose one, I can just replace it with a new one.

Also, I'm sure there are plenty of people who like new Yeti Pros and replace theirs as soon as it starts getting beat up.

It's most likely an awesome disc. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel them up at the shop multiple times. Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself that I don't need to get another mold putter and to debate with myself if I should make the switch (I did just that with a Judge after the Wizard had been holding it down just fine). The Magic keeps getting better with time, for me.

All suggestions/advice given on these boards isn't applicable to everybody. However, it's always good to learn from other people's peregrinations for finding discs that work in their game.

I have not had any, but the rim design could roll more than others. That is all I was saying, I putt anodes and those don't roll on me either, and when they do it's my fault. Just stating that the rim may roll more often with that squared off edge.
Yes, this thing rolls, but it's not only a bad thing. The blunt edge is one reason why it's such a great get-outta-trouble disc.

The pa4 is making me want to play. For the slot it's filling in the bag it is dominating my approach shot selection. It's sneaky long and quite easy to range. I know they are different classes but my pa4 is working the warship out of the bag and becoming my only understable mid/putter I need. Fun disc surprised its not getting more attention.

I don't think that statement really applies to everyone. I think you are just lucky in that Prodigy's discs match your playing style well. Personally, I prefer new Z Buzzzes to beat ones. I also know that if I lose one, I can just replace it with a new one.

Also, I'm sure there are plenty of people who like new Yeti Pros and replace theirs as soon as it starts getting beat up.

Touche. An M4 is similar to a beat buzzz, that's all I was saying. A brand new buzzz and an M4 would compliment eachother nicely.

The Pa4 has a slightly concave top so I compared it to a Yeti. I love both.

Throw a ESP Meteor... Problem solve

^And Im just trying to convey to you that not just Prodigy discs come "game ready." What you described was a Meteor perfectly. Dont act like these discs are a Godsend. Good for some yes but Geez.

Latest posts