• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce to Innova for 2020

Sara Sinclair, Innova sponsored player and co-host of the PDGA Radio podcast, said on this week's episode that Paige to Innova is false.

giphy.gif

Dave George, an Innova employee, confirmed on Instagram that the Innova picture was a hoax and not from them.

pic of instagram post

Attachments

• innova fake.jpg
    innova fake.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 173
I dont see innova giving her more than dd did.
They arent known for handing out great contracts.
Or for being very supportive of their fpo players.
It makes no sense for her to end up there.

Now Discraft will have up and coming King, along with Pierce and perhaps Val touring again next year?

Probably not. The majority of people who care about this are already disc golfers.

Let's say PP gets a contract for somewhere north of $100,000. (Which is not a crazy notion, depending on the length of the deal.) "Female Disc Golf Pro Inks 6-Figure Contact!" is not a headline that will garner a whole lot of attention outside the world of disc golf. It's just not a big enough amount to turn heads, when you consider the order of magnitude of pro athlete compensation in other sports.

It's a big deal for frolf but not a big deal in general, so not a game changer in terms of growing the sport. (Would be my guess.)

It can defenetly happen - 3 years is for sure 6-Figure amount. Maybe not as a salary, but with bonuses she can reach it even with two years contract.

Congratulations to those who predicted Paige would be going to Innova Champion Discs!

Screenshot of Innova's YouTube videos from earlier today:
TR1Kob4.jpg

This image enhanced
AAFC1cs.jpg

I can't believe this turned out to be a hoax!