• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Park Boards Ranked by % Land Devoted to DG

Also, going by the way the courses are listed on here, Charlotte/Mecklenburg parks department has 13 courses by my count. I guess if you count Elon and Renny as one each, instead of two and three as they're listed here gives you only ten. Not that any of this matters much at all if any. What was the classic quote? "There's lies, damned lies, and statistics."

So how many disc golf courses should an area have? Is that the reason for these stats? And then what is the best measure? Cities with no park land obviously have a bigger issue. Simply using population size would ignore this potential problem. Going by the number of parks ignores the size of the parks and whether any would be suitable for disc golf, a problem my home town has. The park board method is probably pretty good, but does ignore the metro area issue (many different park boards) for many large cities. One example is New Orleans with three courses in the metro area, but only one in the city proper. It also ignores cities that abut state parks with courses and/or that have private courses in or near the city. It also ignores separate park boards (county/parish/burrough) that may have courses within or very near the city.

Latest posts