• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Pathfinder vs Hex

The Mickstar

Berg Gang
I took a huge chunk out of rim of my Neutron Hex today. I'm probably going to replace it with a Lizzot'l. But, while I wait to find one in my preferred weight, I'm thinking about giving a Pathfinder a try.

Some reviews have mentioned that the Pathfinder is basically a non-overmold Hex. Both small diameter, shallow, flat, and very similar wing shape/feel. The Pathfinder is rated as slightly more HSS than a Hex (0 Turn vs -1). Most reviews say the opposite, though. Can anyone that's thrown both comment on hand feel & flight?

I'm guessing an Aura Pathfinder would be most similar in stability & flight to a Neutron Hex and a Glow Pathfinder would be closest to a Lizzot'l. Sound right?

Thanks.

My wife has a Hex which I've thrown a bit. I currently bag a Pathfinder. Side by side they look like the same disc to me. The flight seems pretty much the same as well but it's been a while since I've thrown her Hex. My Pathfinder is ethos plastic and I'd give it numbers of 5/5/-1/1. It's a very straight disc.

The difference between Pathfinder plastics is subtle. Glow > Aura > Ethos for the current runs. They are variants of straight, takes some head/tailwind for me to see the differences, glow will hold straight into a light headwind, ethos would gently turn (thrown in the 275-300' range). Haven't thrown enough Hexes to compare, but I found a heavy glow pathfinder to be a little more HSS than any hex I tried, but the same or maybe less fade.

Latest posts