• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth on Track for Record $$ Won

Lol Paige Pierce is second this year in cash out of all players. with $12,623

Skins, aces, cash CTP's, Doubles monies won, etc is NOT added to official PDGA winnings that are posted ever.

In the TD report it specifically tells you to list those separate.

Look at Nate Doss's winnings for Maple Hill last year. He was tied for 32nd place with a listed prize of $2,455. The other two 32nd place finishers received $330. Doss won $2,125 in skins. $2,125 + $330 = $2,455

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Maple Hill - 32nd Place.png
    Maple Hill - 32nd Place.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 483
  • Maple HIll - Skins.png
    Maple HIll - Skins.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 486
$1750 for Mcbeth at Vibram.

Look Mocheez...........

1750 for McBeth listed - NO skins added

1500 for Shoe listed - NO skins added

Maybe Steve was asked to NOT add it after it was shown incorrectly - I don't know - I only know it should NOT be listed...:)

Weird, they updated the winnings for Vibram to include the skins match. McBeth is now listed for $3,700.00.

Weird, they updated the winnings for Vibram to include the skins match. McBeth is now listed for $3,700.00.

I give up trying to figure out why it's included, when they tell to NOT include it.........

I defer to your knowing the PDGA results when it comes to Steve Dodge Events.:D

I give up trying to figure out why it's included, when they tell to NOT include it.........

I defer to your knowing the PDGA results when it comes to Steve Dodge Events.:D

I was just pointing out the posted results for the sake of the thread and calculating McBeths winnings for the year (up to $37,625 if you include skins).

I am sure you are 100% correct that they should not be included. It doesn't make sense to include a four person invite only skins match under the winnings for the tournament. I truly thought it was weird that they added skins to the total after they originally posted results without skins included.

considering how expensive tourney entries are, how popular dg is now, the amount of advertising they produce, and how difficult it is to win with a packed field, these winner earnings should be way higher.

considering how expensive tourney entries are, how popular dg is now, the amount of advertising they produce, and how difficult it is to win with a packed field, these winner earnings should be way higher.

Do you have any numbers to back this up? Are local clubs awash with money from tournament entry fees? How are the profits for each disc golf company? Define popular? Yes, the sport is growing, but what percentage are interested in professional disc golf.

I am surprised to see the prize for first place at USDGC has gone done, but I don't have any numbers to say it shouldn't have. Do you?

Frasnow - Innova stopped dumping so much cash into the event. Between getting the grounds at the school shutdown, freeway signage and other things for the tourney, they actually lose money running it. It's probably the most prestigious event in disc tolf but it's nor really viable financially without much more/bigger sponsorships.

Frasnow - Innova stopped dumping so much cash into the event. Between getting the grounds at the school shutdown, freeway signage and other things for the tourney, they actually lose money running it. It's probably the most prestigious event in disc tolf but it's nor really viable financially without much more/bigger sponsorships.

Maybe they should open the event up to other companies, instead of being stubborn and bullheaded about "their" event. It would be bigger than what Ledgestone is this year...and that was done with only one company as a main sponsor.

And by my math, including the skins for sake of argument, Paul has won $39.574 so far this year. With both Euro majors, the USDGC, WOrlds still to come, I think another $10,000 is possible. He may very well do it.

I think you made my point. The numbers wouldn't back tu-f-o's claims.

Maybe they should open the event up to other companies, instead of being stubborn and bullheaded about "their" event. It would be bigger than what Ledgestone is this year...and that was done with only one company as a main sponsor.

And by my math, including the skins for sake of argument, Paul has won $39.574 so far this year. With both Euro majors, the USDGC, WOrlds still to come, I think another $10,000 is possible. He may very well do it.

Just over $47K (including MH skins) after the SO, if the projected payout is accurate. Whoa.

$7,500 for 1st at SO ... wowww, doesn't payout as deep as Ledgestone, but more to first

$7,500 for 1st at SO ... wowww, doesn't payout as deep as Ledgestone, but more to first

I was looking at that too. I don't think too many will be complaining about the payout.

SO (144 players paying 60--42%)
1. $7500
2. $4500
3. $3000
4. $2150
5. $2150
10. $1250
25. $660

Ledgestone (Projected 192 players paying 108--56%)
1. $6600
2. $4450
3. $3400
4. $2900
5. $2500
10. $1600
25. $1000

I was looking at that too. I don't think too many will be complaining about the payout.

SO (144 players paying 60--42%)
1. $7500
2. $4500
3. $3000
4. $2150
5. $2150
10. $1250
25. $660

Ledgestone (Projected 192 players paying 108--56%)
1. $6600
2. $4450
3. $3400
4. $2900
5. $2500
10. $1600
25. $1000

I've long thought that payouts are way too deep. Top 3 finishers should get the lion's share of the cash. In the case of the Scandinavian Open, the top three finishers earned a total of $15k, while the bottom 57 players who cashed earned a total of $38K.

I get the idea that deep payouts theoretically result in more entries and bigger purses, but I'm not so sure that someone signs up to play in a major for the chance at winning a couple hundred bucks for 60th place.

I do know that when I talk about disc golf to non-disc golfers, they always ask how much the top players make. It's almost embarrassing to tell someone that the top end is about $40k a year. Told that to a friend's brother in law last weekend and he replied that he won $5,000 in his local tarpon tournament.

Disc golfers are playing for each others' entry fees and the tournaments are run by volunteers.

I just like to post that every 5 years or so to keep things in perspective.

As you contemplate how to divide up the entry fees to turn disc golf into the next big TV thing remember the first sentence I typed. You can divide it up all in any way you please -- until you get someone to sponsor the tournament, you're really just divvying up the players' money.

By the way -- my guess is that every competitor in the local tarpon tournament spent more on fishing last year than any 100 disc golfers did on disc golf . . . just guessing.

Latest posts