• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA # 50,000

Chiefstang

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
The PDGA just cleared 40,100 members this spring. Who's gonna be the lucky bastitch that gets #50,000? How long 'till we hit the 50k mark?

Damn, I was just checking that out and saw this.

I've been holding out for that #

My guess is there's someone who that number is already reserved for when it hits. If I had a kid I would shoot fto get 49494 for him/her since I have 4949.

It certainly will be a milestone. I thought they would have made it awhile ago though.

I'd buy my wife a lifetime membership if I could get 50,000 for her.

You mean $50,000? :p

I signed up last October and was 45901... so it is flying!

I was about to ask about reservations. I thought that I had heard somewhere that this was possible to do for a price.

Used to be the case, but no longer. It was stopped in the last 2 years, and 50000 was already "reserved" almost 3 years ago when you could still do it for a price. It will probably be sometime late this year or early in 2012 when it comes around to that number.

With only 833 needed to hit 50000, I think it will be this summer.

It would need to average over 60 NEW members a week between now and Sept 21st to hit that number - and that will NOT happen.

I predict it will come around the end of 2011/ beginning of 2012 as after Oct 1st NEW members can join and get the rest of 2011 plus all of 2012 for their membership. That's when the numbers will take off again like every year.