• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA got hacked?

entisol

Did anyone else receive an email from the PDGA saying that they accidentally gave some email addresses away?

I did. From the sound of it, it wasn't a hack, so much as a phishing attempt. ;)

Well, what's a few more spam emails amongst friends? I hope they didn't get my PDGA rating information, because they will be just as disappointed as I am.

I did not receive my email and I will definitely be starting a PDGA hate thread in protest.

I did not receive my email and I will definitely be starting a PDGA hate thread in protest because I didn't set my spam filters to allow PDGA emails or simply didn't get the PDGA an accurate email address.

FTFY

I did not receive my email and I will definitely be starting a PDGA hate thread in protest because I didn't set my spam filters to allow PDGA emails or simply didn't get the PDGA an accurate email address.

FTFY
Kind of like the last year that I was a PDGA member they didn't get an election ballot to me because it was sent from some third party website that I didn't have on the whitelist, while they neglected to tell me that it would be sent from said place in advance. They of course thought it would be a good idea to have the election while Am Worlds was going on, and the memberships manager wasn't able to answer her e-mails.

And I'm sure a lot of folks had that same problem. Buy hey, after getting the PDGA's phone number, I got to speak with Brian Graham personally, and got the situation rectified.

Just my $.02, but when you're selling something, its not your customer's obligation to bend over backwards to get you to sell them something.

My email came in my spam folder but it looks legit. No funky links to click on that might send you to the wrong place.

I didn't get this email, so maybe it didn't effect everyone........ maybe

The email did say "some member email addresses". I'm quite certain it didn't affect everyone, and even those addresses that were released may not be targeted for anything.

Bottom line is to ALWAYS be vigilant of what emails you're opening and what links you're clicking from within those emails. Then things like this won't affect you at all.

I want Turkey

43331456_zpscf23706e.jpg

Latest posts