• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Well I dropped 12 points down to 976 from 988. Not where I want to be, but still decent. Dislocated ankle led to some bad bad bad rounds around 900 at the end of the year. I've fluctuated between 970 and 990 for the last 2 years, tired of just sitting there. But this year I'm gonna play 15+ tournaments. Gonna stop playing other sports to avoid injuries. Full disc golf, training every day. Trying not to focus on my rating and hitting 1000, that will hopefully be a product of playing well from the training. Ready to #playwithconfidence

from the pdga site:

"The latest PDGA Player Ratings (effective 1-27-2015) have been published. This ratings update includes all 2014 events received by the submission deadline of 1/6/2015.

The final submission deadline for 2014 events is today 1/27/2015. The final ratings update for 2014 events is scheduled for 2/17/2015.

The submission deadline for the first ratings update for 2015 events is March 3rd. The first 2015 ratings publication is scheduled for March 24th."

Hey Chuck, I was wondering why none of the January tourneys haven't gotten a gold trophy yet? Then I remembered what the last rating announcement said. So if I am reading the above quote correctly, this coming update is for '14 tourneys only?

Next update on Feb 17th is the final wrap for 2014 events only. First rating update to include 2015 events is March 24th. First update of each year has always been in March. Just not enough event reports submitted before then to process ratings any earlier. 100 reports is considered minimum to do an update and we have gotten about 45 TD reports so far this year. We might not get to 100 by the cut-off.

I renewed my membership for the first time in 7 years. I played one sanctioned event in the last 6 months, so I have a rating again! So combining a whopping 3 rounds... 971, better than when I was last rated as an am, and I didn't play particularly my game in that tourney so I hope the next events will leave more room to improve than not! I only have one on the schedule (I had to drop out of one next week for a funeral) but am stoked to be competitive again.

If did the math right I should jump right back over 970 again.

Last two rounds are weighed double and if I have only 6 rounds in the last year it'll take 2 rounds from the prior year as well?

Tomorrow is the day...(or will it be today?) not sure how my rating will move. Do rounds just drop off after a year or is it based on when the rounds were played in a particular update? For example my first rated rounds last year were in Feb. but only one of the five tourneys Ive played this year got included in this update, the one I played in January. So will I drop any rounds on this update?

Tomorrow is the day...(or will it be today?) not sure how my rating will move. Do rounds just drop off after a year or is it based on when the rounds were played in a particular update? For example my first rated rounds last year were in Feb. but only one of the five tourneys Ive played this year got included in this update, the one I played in January. So will I drop any rounds on this update?

It is based on the year prior to your most recent rated round. If the most recent round is January 15 2015, then your rating will include everything from January 15 2014 forward. So you won't have any old ratings drop given the information you have.

I think it's tomorrow, I don't think they ever update on a Monday

Big Dog is on vacation today. So unless he decides to start the upload tonight, the update won't be seen until later tomorrow.

Latest posts