• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

jcrab66: We know some MM1 R2 & R3 scores got flipflopped so those will be corrected. Contact asweeton at pdga.com with any other event issues.

In the meantime, I might be able to claim one the greatest swings in disc golf history....965 Wednesday morning, 672 Wednesday afternoon, an almost 300-point fall! The tip-off wasn't the 672---I was so wretched that round I'd believe anything---but the 965. (Yes, I've contacted Andrew).

Which softened my PDGA-documented decline a bit.

Having leagues factored in screwed me...i just don't put a lot of effort into weekday league.

Besides the rating hit from league, I'm still not really a fan, cause our weekday league play went down this year b/c of ratings.

Our club probably won't be doing rated leagues in the future b/c the few amount of players that routinely showed up.

+4 to 950 making this the 6th update without a loss

In the meantime, I might be able to claim one the greatest swings in disc golf history....965 Wednesday morning, 672 Wednesday afternoon, an almost 300-point fall! The tip-off wasn't the 672---I was so wretched that round I'd believe anything---but the 965. (Yes, I've contacted Andrew).

Which softened my PDGA-documented decline a bit.

you beat me, my tip off was my lowest rated round ever Wednesday morning 683 to my highest ever wednesday afternoon 965..:)

I hope this helps. this is the Innova flight charge as a lefty backhander should see it... in otherwords, a mirror image.

320671_10150565039629745_1182349369_n.jpghttp:

If you are looking for discs to mimic a righty flight, I use the Stingray, Roadrunner or Sidewinder, and a really beat Aviar for those shots. Just find a $3 Aviar at the local disc golf store or play it again sports, if you are so lucky to have one. the more beat the better... The Leopard is also a good lefty equalizer, get DX until you are powerful enough to flip Pro... and then move to the really tough plastics. Those discs are much harder to turn unless you are generating the correct amount of power.

Best way to get better is go to a soccer field and try to throw ALL your discs, not just the drivers from one soccer goal to the other. You will learn how to aim each disc and how to get maximum flight out of each disc.

Matt

Hey Chuck -

Last update I had a round that was about 50 pts. below my rating that was not included. I was surprised but happy about it. This update, the round was included. I don't think I've ever noticed this kind of thing in my ratings before, but I also don't know enough about the math to understand it exactly.

How does that work, in a nutshell?

If a round that was previously excluded gets included in the following update, it means your rounds being included in your new rating were less consistent than before, i.e. wider ratings range or standard deviation. A round doesn't get permanently dropped until it's more than 12 months older than your most currently rated round.

Hey Chuck,

The ratings for Hotlanta are wrong since Int Women/ Rec Men / Int Men played different pads than the others.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/91626/Open

You can see that the Intermediate women are averaging over 100 points above their ratings and the Rec men winner shot a 998. Is there any way to have this fixed so that the other divisions ratings don't get lowered from this?

I've been steady at 950 for months, but I haven't played any tourneys as of late (injured). I've played a few sanctioned league rounds, but they've not done anything. The next three weekends will be sanctioned tourneys, so we'll see how I do after all this time of not playing.

I guess i spoke to soon, I jumped +2 to 952

I dropped from 931 to 912... I only played one tourney for my first rating and did OK, I think I had a better rating because it was crazy windy which upped the SSA quite a bit. Then I played two more tourneys and didn't do good at all, below 900 rated rounds in both, and played another tourney very badly on sunday that didn't go into my rating. If I played Like I did casually I would probably be a 920-930 rated player but I haven't figured out how to play good in a competitive setting.

If I played Like I did casually I would probably be a 920-930 rated player but I haven't figured out how to play good in a competitive setting.

This always cracks me up. I'm sure those 920 players play like 950 players in casual rounds, us 950 players definitely play like 975 players in casual rounds and Paul McBeth routinely shoots 1200 rounds when it's not in a competitive setting. :rolleyes:

I hope this helps. this is the Innova flight charge as a lefty backhander should see it... in otherwords, a mirror image.

320671_10150565039629745_1182349369_n.jpghttp:

If you are looking for discs to mimic a righty flight, I use the Stingray, Roadrunner or Sidewinder, and a really beat Aviar for those shots. Just find a $3 Aviar at the local disc golf store or play it again sports, if you are so lucky to have one. the more beat the better... The Leopard is also a good lefty equalizer, get DX until you are powerful enough to flip Pro... and then move to the really tough plastics. Those discs are much harder to turn unless you are generating the correct amount of power.

Best way to get better is go to a soccer field and try to throw ALL your discs, not just the drivers from one soccer goal to the other. You will learn how to aim each disc and how to get maximum flight out of each disc.

Matt

Did you sir used to drive and Xterra which then morphed into "the van"?

This always cracks me up. I'm sure those 920 players play like 950 players in casual rounds, us 950 players definitely play like 975 players in casual rounds and Paul McBeth routinely shoots 1200 rounds when it's not in a competitive setting. :rolleyes:

I am worse in casual/league rounds........probably 985 or so......because it doesn't matter!!!!!

Hey Chuck,

The ratings for Hotlanta are wrong since Int Women/ Rec Men / Int Men played different pads than the others.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/91626/Open

You can see that the Intermediate women are averaging over 100 points above their ratings and the Rec men winner shot a 998. Is there any way to have this fixed so that the other divisions ratings don't get lowered from this?

Rec winner here. Those rounds kicked me up 108. I'm now at 947 and am hoping for some resolution so I don't have to donate to the ADV crowd.

Well it's a bit different for inexperienced tourney players like myself, whereas I bet a lot of good players shoot worse casually, because it isn't as important. I just get kind of nervous during tourneys (especially if I'm playing up a division).

From the end of December 2009 to today, the difference between the highest and lowest of my overall rating is a whopping two points! Nothing wrong with being consistent, I guess, just wish I was consistantly higher :(

Latest posts