• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Women's Logo Contest

I like 10 the best.

Logo10_CAnderson.png

Except she's probably going to miss that putt with her Boss.

her 30cm diameter boss

supaclass bosssss

I put in my entry. I have never done anything like this before so I gave it a shot. I do like 7, 8, 10, and 14. None of which are mine. lol

Last edited:
Sent the link the the girlfriend (graphic designer). Will let everyone know if she decides to do it and how it comes out.

If you girlfriend does win....does she play disc golf?

Because the winner gets:

PAID 2012 PDGA Membership

as well as

PAID Entry into the 2012 Magnolia Open!

#5 has a real Tribe Called Quest thing going on.

Logo5_SaraA.png

album-the-low-end-theory.jpg

Bump for the #18 Entry! Some of these are just plain funny, other are great! Why is it women always need their own "Sector" though. Where's the "Men's Committee"?? :D Just teasin Steph ! (Kind a)
Because unlike a mens committe, these women get things accomplished. :D

If you've ever been to an all womens dicgolf event, you'll really have your eyes opened to what having a good time is all about. I've taken my daughter to a couple to compete in the juniors divisions and my gosh, the ladies tear it up on the having fun scale.

If their solidarity means more events for my kid, Go Girl Power. I'll be a homer.

Because unlike a mens committe, these women get things accomplished. :D

If you've ever been to an all womens dicgolf event, you'll really have your eyes opened to what having a good time is all about. I've taken my daughter to a couple to compete in the juniors divisions and my gosh, the ladies tear it up on the having fun scale.

If their solidarity means more events for my kid, Go Girl Power. I'll be a homer.

Doh !

15 by a mile.
(the Peacock blooming basket)

This is for a committee, right? Super professional, simple, understandable. I get that its a basket even with the multi colors in the top part. Not clouded with too much busy-ness. Simple to use as a small or large size logo, letterhead, lapel embroidery,etc...

I've done my share of stamps, posters, logo work for DG. Gosh its tough with our sport figuring out how many identifiable disc golf elements you need to add to make it understandable for the general public. Is a basket enough? Do I need to have a disc too? always? Do I have to have a player throwing a disc into a basket for people to recognize the sport? Do I always have to include a basket? It's that darn basket - its our greatest element, and in a lot of ways our defining element, but its just such a big elephant to deal with in graphics.

#8 is consistent with the PDGA logo, which from a branding POV is a good idea. You want a fairly consistent image, color palette, etc. Some of those look like they were done by Girl Scouts or something for a troop project.

I am a fan of 14 but I'm probably biased because the significant other made it. Maybe only 2 others in there that I like but most don't feel finished to me.

14 doesn't show up for me. It's an empty box with an x in the corner, like number 1.

i like 10 the best, i think 15 looks very well created, but the flower power thing goes a little over the top for a professional logo and could rub some as sexist.

all the female symbol entries are kinda lame IMO.

If you girlfriend does win....does she play disc golf?

Because the winner gets:

PAID 2012 PDGA Membership

as well as

PAID Entry into the 2012 Magnolia Open!

She does play, and is getting better. No pro, but she can shoot par on shorter courses.

14 doesn't show up for me. It's an empty box with an x in the corner, like number 1.

Logo14_LFraser_smaller.jpg