• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Phenix Quads or Brown Bag straps?

i use em...currently on my voodoo mojo, but also used with innova competition and lat 64 pro bag. they are damn good for the price and hold up too. i bought mine used like 3 years ago. they are still ok, but i am kinda tired of em. they are a little bulky, and i do not like the metal clips
i just ordered lat 64 straps ($30 shipped from DGC). i had phenix before and didnt like them

i would spend the little extra and get a disc golf companies straps. But I like supporting disc companies, so that is worth a little more to me.

Those Lat straps look like a good value for 30 shipped. Anyone use those currently/have impressions?

I may just go with phenix. The fade straps seem decent as well

The metal clips do jingle a little bit. It's easily solved with a little carefully applied cloth tape though. Personally I didn't bother, as I always have headphones in or music playing through a bluetooth speaker, but one of the guys I play with took the time to cover his clips with some of my hockey tape, and they're much quieter now.

The Brown Bag straps have worked fine and been very comfortable for me, although I've only got 4 months use out of them, so I can't comment on durability.

Those Lat straps look like a good value for 30 shipped. Anyone use those currently/have impressions?

I used lat straps before moving to phenix. The lat straps were great but the top where the logo was, dug into my neck, it was very uncomfortable. moved to lockdown quads and had those til I moved to a backpack. I would still be with phenix if backpack disc bags didn't exist. Great straps. Innova backsavers are comfy as well.

not sure if anyone already mentioned this...
brown bag straps = exact same straps as DGA but for less $
i think its BS the way this is done. why more money because it has a DGA logo
i like to support DG companies too, but not in this case

i guess it is the same thing with camptime stools, but at least artwork is added by DD or huklab, etc. and i do think there is less of a markup on those than with DGA and the straps (not sure though)

I was amazed at how much better my Phenix straps feel than the Innova ones. I think it is almost all due to the straps themselves being wider, at least where they sit on your shoulders, and the "shock" technology, which makes a bigger difference than I expected. These look like they have some sort of shock technology as well, so might be alright. But if you do get the Phenix straps you won't regret it.

See how close together the back straps are? Not a fan of it.

Everytime someone with straps other than Phenix picks up my bag, they're shocked at how comfy and thick they are. Much better than Innova straps. The fade straps are cool because of the rain fly, but I don't need a rainfly.

Just ordered the Phenix Quad Shocks, I figured its probably worth it to spend a little extra and get a good product... while also supporting a disc golf company.

Thanks for the help!

I agree on the Phenix Quads - they have been a great investment and look like they'll last as long as I want to use them. Very comfy and wide, easy to grab and carry the bag one handed, and they'd be very hard to tear or break.

I've been using the Brown Bag straps for close to two years now. After I epoxied the length adjusting buckles to where I wanted them (at their shortest length), they are near perfect. Holding up well, comfortable and cheap.

No need to pay crazy prices for some other straps.