• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pictures of your vintage discs

I really dig the classic Discraft, Thanks for Posting Working Stiff. I think the marauder has one of the best stamps of all time :lol:

Man, this is really getting to be a really nice thread, if I do say so myself. Working Stiff, that is some great Discraft plastic! And Roy, very nice contributions on the Innova side of things!

I am wishing I hadn't taken a hiatus from DG in the late 90s and early 00's. I missed out on a lot of history and great discs. :( But I get to see it here! 8) Thanks!

Couple of more Innova tourney stamps.

A Shark like the one Roy posted above and a Glo XD.

Shark01.jpg

XDGlow01.jpg

those are cool. I've never seen that stamp with the corp. logos.

I wish I still had my '89 Cirular Skies Glo Sanny rocs

Thanks, dgdave. I think I bought those when I was at the National Doubles Championship in Round Rock in 1991. Just some discs the guy still had left over from 1990.

I almost forgot to post my pride and joy (j/k)! I found this one a long time ago. Never tried throwing it.

Generic01.jpg

BrainStorm69 said:
I almost forgot to post my pride and joy (j/k)! I found this one a long time ago. Never tried throwing it.

Generic01.jpg
I think this was a "F you" run that either Ed Headrick at DGA did as a dig aimed at Jan Sobel at Destiny Discs or that Jan did as a dig at Ed. One way or the other. Either way, its a relic of the days when the Kitty Hawk and the Super Puppy battled for disc golf supremacy. Then Innova came along...

Roy, could you post a picture of the underside of the Dolphin? That was the disc that has the Monarch-esque wing, right?

nice drive kid said:
Roy, could you post a picture of the underside of the Dolphin? That was the disc that has the Monarch-esque wing, right?

If that's the case, wouldn't it be the other way around (i.e., the Monarch is the disc with the Dolphinesque wing)? :wink:

dgdave said:
roman said:
BrainStorm69 said:
And a Ken Climo David Greenwell XD.

[/quote]

Did they make Rocs with that stamp?[/quote]

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/Mint-San-Marino-ROC-ND-Climo-Greenwell-174g-Disc-Golf_W0QQitemZ230205116611QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDisc_Golf?hash=item230205116611&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318]yup[/url][/quote]

Nice! This explains a lot. I had one of those, but the stamp was so worn off I could never tell what it was. All I could recognize is that it was a circular stamp, had "ROUND ROCK, TX" on it, and a bunch of squiggles inside (I'm guessing the signatures). Now that I see the actual stamp it really fills in the blanks quick. It also makes more sense why a local here freaked when he saw me with this disc and traded me 4 brand new premium plastic discs for it. I was going to be okay with trading for just one disc since I decided I didn't want to throw Sanny Rocs anymore.

nice drive kid said:
Dolphin.
003-2-2.jpg

Dolphin wing.
007-2-2.jpg

It's really similar to the Vortex wing, which was a Discraft disc that predated the Dolphin.
006-2-2.jpg

Monarch wing.
pig-monarch_main.jpg

The Monarch wing appears to be more of a groove in the wing, while the Vortex and Dolphin were more of an extreme convex...convex? Concave? Damn, I should have paid attention in Geometry! Anyway, more of a big honkin' curve in the wing so that the inner rim is basically a 90 degree wall. It's not exactly the same, but very similar.

I was thinking about this thread today... Everybody loves the classics 8)

Nice dig Dave :!:

Latest posts