• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pictures of your vintage discs

Stiff, if that proto SE Roc and those older Rocs aren't worth anything, I'll trade you some used Gateway for them :).

So speaking of Proto SE rocs, I pulled my last non wall-hanger out of the box the other day to fondle it and saw that on the bottom of the flight plate it has started to peel or something even though it's been sitting in a box for like 3 years. Whats up with that?

Frank Delicious said:
So speaking of Proto SE rocs, I pulled my last non wall-hanger out of the box the other day to fondle it and saw that on the bottom of the flight plate it has started to peel or something even though it's been sitting in a box for like 3 years. Whats up with that?
I had to check mine after you said that. Mine looks fine, so no idea what is going on with yours.

The SE Super Roc is a moment of shame for me. I had all my discs in deep storage for a long time and my wife sold a bunch of them. When I went back through them to see what was left I picked up the proto Gator. The disc next to it was the same color with the same stamp, so I put down "proto Gator-2" and went on with my life. Somebody asked my a question about the original Gator mold, so I went down and grabbed a proto out of the box to look at. Damn if it wasn't an SE Super Roc.

Some old school wizards I just got in today.

qq24k5.jpg

The two on top have the tooling near the rim and the bottom one is a no tool that feels a lot like a proto.

and a couple of pics of the SE roc peeling (the discoloration was there beforehand from some sharpie bleeding)

2h4yhxh.jpg

2ivmsfl.jpg

I'd put money on the JonE being a proto. I had a demon with that stamp and I got it from Dave when he first ran the wizard.

I haven't posted here in a couple years, sorry to bump a post but this was one of my favorite threads.
I was looking through a stack of discs in my closet today and remembered I picked this up at PIAS a few years ago:

photo_1.jpg

photo.jpg

I'm almost 100% it's a Gazelle. I loves me some Gazelle, but I don't want to throw it 'cause it's a neat looking disc.

Man there's so many people in this thread that don't post anymore, I wonder whatever happened to...........

I want to play ...... but it must wait until next week. My wife said that if she caught me looking at Frisbee golf website at Christmas, she sent all my gift back, I do not wan that ...... I saw the box from Marshall Street! Uh, oh. Here she comes! I gotta go!

Latest posts