• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pitch Putting Problems

I always pretend I am shooting it in there instead of throwing it. It changes my mindset and helps you focus. I also try to be as fluid as possible, make the putt one movement. Every time I start getting jerky in my movements, my putt is off.

Also I have noticed that as the distance of the putt increases it becomes helpful to change my stance. For short shots I will square up with the basket, however for longer putts I like to stagger my feet. Stand so your shoulders and hips are in a line to the basket. Then move your left foot back a little bit and try to center your weight. If you drew a rectangle your right foot would be in the upper left corner while the left foot would be in the lower right corner. For me this offset has really eliminated a lot of my putt's hyzer. The trick from here is being able to get the aim down correctly.

I'd say don't worry about whether you are push putting, spin putting, or hyzer putting. Do what is comfortable and successful for you. And you may need a hybrid or combination of those techniques to cover all situations. Be flexible and don't get hung up on styles and what others are doing.

And practice a lot.

It matters so he gets correct advice.

Did you all just miss this part in your rush to post standard putting advice?
There is lots of advice about improving left/right consistency with all kinds of putts but I've never seen someone be successful with what it sounds like you're attempting.

*ahem* see post 13 :p

*ahem* see post 13 :p

Congratulations on being the only other person in this thread to apparently read the OP. Sorry I missed it before.

^sounds really sarcastic and kinda mean but I don't intend that. We need an "I really mean it, good job" emoticon.

It really highlights how much of the advice on this forum is completely canned.:gross:

Latest posts