• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Planning a 10 day Discation, summer '14

When i was in the area playing this past June, Hyland Orchard was weekends only. We stayed an extra day longer just so we could play it and i'm glad that we did.

I'd recommend trying to find a weekly club event. A singles or random draw dubs type of thing. It can be very helpful navigating a course with locals, and a lot of times you might get tips on the surrounding courses beyond what you can find on this site (like which might be undergoing maintenance, which might be crowded at certain times, which are close to a good bar, etc.).
FYI.....Joralemon Park has Dubs league on Tuesdays.

Starting in CT, I would play in this order for a pretty good loop over 10 days:
Mt Kisco/Warwick
Jordan/Nockamixon
Tinicum/Tyler
Iron Hill/Patapsco
Seneca
Paw Paw
Orange Crush/ Seth Burton (maybe skip, depends on time)
Gofford Pinchot/ Codorus
Sankanac
home. rest/ice

Here are a couple lesser-known courses to consider. Nantucket Disc Golf requires a ferry or a plane, and you have to be able to appreciate a flat course (not everyone can). Holes #8 and #9 have maybe a 7' drop (down on #8, up on #9), but other than that it's about pancake-flat. That said, it's definitely in the running for the best darn-near-pancake-flat course in the world.

The other one to consider is the Frost Valley YMCA in Claryville, NY, which should be done by this summer. This one has huge elevation and pretty much everything else you would want from a world class course. In my mind, it should compete with Selah for BMOC.

Hope that helps.