• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Planning a disc golf wedding

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Just some ideas for you if you are planning a disc golf wedding:

His and her rings:

DSCN8259-1.jpg

09c2_35.jpg

The Grooms Cake;

The Wedding Cake:
DiscGolfcakeW.jpg

Now if you girlfriend is not open minded and you sping this on here , you might be here:
doghouse400.jpg

That just seems like a bit much to me.

DG is fun and everything but I do not picture it in my head as an activity for a wedding.
Kinda geeky, no? Perhaps that is just my take on the matter but it seems to me that if
a couple has nothing else going on in their life that they have a dg wedding... that seems somehow... revealing?

I dunno... just seems weird, frankly. Just being honest.

I pressed the "EASY" button before I brought this up to my wife as a wedding renewal, and she pressed another button...

bull****2.jpg

Note to other viewers: replace the **** with what you would think to see the picture.

I think it's hilarious!

One of the funniest things I've seen on here!!!...ROFL :D
It's to bad I'm already married, I may have to keep this in mind for when we have our renewal!!!

I said to my wife, "Hey, you should see the title of this new thread, it's 'planning a dg wedding' ", and she like to fell out of her seat. Heck, it would almost be worth the expense of a divorce to get to go back and do it over again, DG style!!!...:p (j/k)

That's great!

I was playing in Jackson Ms at the Rez a few weeks ago and there was a large group playing together and they said it was part of there pre-wedding festivities. Sounds like my kind of wedding

Anderson Valley Brewing Company (CA) hosts weddings. They also have a DG course. Beer, DG, and marriage... all-in-one.
DSCJNKY

Anderson Valley Brewing Company (CA) hosts weddings. They also have a DG course. Beer, DG, and marriage... all-in-one.
DSCJNKY

Sounds perfect! I can see it now: the wedding has already started, and the best man comes running in sweaty and dirty from that last minute round before the wedding... :D

The girls that would go for this might have to be called near perfect. At the same time I would be perfectly okay with the traditional wedding and maybe a round of Disc on the Honeymoon (gotta get some practice in).

Hey if both husband and wife are into it why not. I have seen dumber weddings! Like State Fair (come on corn dogs and cows!!!!!)

My wife and I were invited to a Halloween wedding at Six Flags Astroworld, a few years ago. It was a blast and everyone getting married got to dress up in what ever they wanted. We dressed in full "Biker" gear and had a blast. I don't want to post the picture here for just anyone to see, but if you would like to see what we looked like, check out my new profile picture. It was like a dream come true getting married in my gear.

Disc golf wedding sounds a bit overkill, however, you could make a sweet bachelor party out of it...a couple buddies of mine just went to MI to play Flip and a few other courses for his bachelor party.

i was out playing yesterday, i was at beaver island and holes 6-8 have a nice fairway along the river. it usually happens that there are picnicker's around 7, so you always try n shoot your best since there's an audience. well not yesterday. these people were having a wedding with a giant tent, a generator and few dozen people off the green for hole #7. it wasn't extremely close but enough so that they felt the need to put trash bags over the hole sigh and the pin and wrote "hole closed" on them! i couldn't believe it! there shouldn't be any reason for a stray disc to interrupt their event, that's how far off they were. i thought it was extremely rude, since the park is so large and they chose that spot for their event. And then on #8 several guests were just walking through the fairway while my group was driving and putting, and of course with no apologies.

so these people, unlike the rest of the posters here, were apparently not DG fans.

Last edited:
i was out playing yesterday, i was at beaver island and holes 6-8 have a nice fairway along the river. it usually happens that there are picnicker's around 7, so you always try n shoot your best since there's an audience. well not yesterday. these people were having a wedding with a giant tent, a generator and few dozen people off the green for hole #7. it wasn't extremely close but enough so that they felt the need to put trash bags over the hole sigh and the pin and wrote "hole closed" on them! i couldn't believe it! there shouldn't be any reason for a stray disc to interrupt their event, that's how far off they were. i thought it was extremely rude, since the park is so large and they chose that spot for their event. And then on #8 several guests were just walking through the fairway while my group was driving and putting, and of course with no apologies.

so these people, unlike the rest of the posters here, were apparently not DG fans.

It is possible they bought the whole park. I cant say for sure, but it is possible.

Our TD today almost got into a fight with a guy who didnt want to understand our tourney had paid the permit fee to close both courses to the public today. Ther was an alternate 9 not being used in the tourney on the same property, and that was not enough for this guy. This guy thought because ti is public and he pays taxes it should be open, but if the county says it is ok, that is the rule!