• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Players Cup Pickem is Live!

Who are you picking to win the Players Cup Match Play tourney? and why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 2011 Player's Cup Pick' Em Bracket is full! :(

Apparently our license with the software maker allows us only 999 entries, and we've reached that number. Our deadline was 10/21 @ 8:00 AM, so we are cutting off entries only about nine hours early anyway.

This is weaksauce, a big 'ol bottle of weaksauce.

Dodge's e-mail said 1500 entries and the deadline posted was 8AM.

So for those that waited until now to submit their entries because of all the player drop updates, they get shut out. :(

Dodge said you wanted to "break the software", and you're letting a license limit stand in the way. :thmbdown:

Folks that have already submitted entries can still update their picks before the deadline, but the software won't allow any more new ones.

I updated my entry and got the confirmation e-mail of the new picks but the website still shows the old picks. More weaksauce.

The 2011 Player's Cup Pick' Em Bracket is full! :(

Apparently our license with the software maker allows us only 999 entries, and we've reached that number. Our deadline was 10/21 @ 8:00 AM, so we are cutting off entries only about nine hours early anyway.

More weaksauce: if you now submit a new entry it generates no error and still sends you a confirmation e-mail with your picks. So you have every reason to believe the entry is actually valid.

Wow...so a disc golf promoter pays money out of his own pocket to a software manufacturer for a license to their software to hold a match play contest...he gets sponsors to donate merchandise and volunteers to help develop the contest website, and offers TOTALLY FREE prizes to nearly 1,000 people who have several weeks to make their entries...only a few hours before competition begins, it's discovered that he can't take any more entries.

Wanna know what's weaksauce? A jackass like Eric Jubin looking a gift horse in the mouth. :thmbdown:

the real weaksauce is no live coverage! the LITTLE videos of hole by hole action or nice except you can't see anything cause they are too dang little.
im very bummed about the no live coverage that was replaced by video clips. my interest in this event is quickly dissipating. how is DGTV not out there for this?!!!!!!

Wanna know what's weaksauce?

Yeah, advertising something and not delivering.

If you say 1500 entries, take 1500 entries.

If you say the deadline is 10/21 @ 8am, hold to that deadline.

If you say one entry per e-mail address, allow one entry per e-mail address.

If you say current contestants can change their picks despite the max entries reached, let them change.

several weeks to make their entries..

And those contestants that made their pics several weeks early got the bracket changed underneath them with quadrants moving and players being replaced.

The contestants that intentionally waited until the last minute to enter for all the database issues and player drops to subside got left out in the cold.

Barry Got them back. I need him to make the second round... All tied up through 9 go Barry go

Last edited:
You mean disc golf planet tv? It costs a ton of $, where does the $ come from?

howd they afford live feed last year? even that coverage was good enough for most. and isnt this year an even bigger venue? i realize it costs $$$ but this is also supposed to be a BIG event. Something like this to me would draw more sponsors and attention than worlds or USDGC. much more TV friendly, and the players get alot more risky with their line choices. its more entertaining than normal to watch this style of tourny...imo.
i guess what really irks me is that i cant increase the size of the tiny hole by hole videos. you cant even see the disc flying. whats the point?

You mean disc golf planet tv? It costs a ton of $, where does the $ come from?

But remember, this is the make-believe world of disc golf, where money grows on trees!

And everything is supposed to happen perfectly and nothing can ever go wrong!

I often wonder why anybody does anything for anyone in this sport. The ease of which a sense of entitlement goes to some folks' heads is mind-boggling.

:wall:

I just checked my bracket and even though I made the changes right after StevenDodge let us know Anthon and Colglazier had dropped out they aren't showing up in my bracket. I even have the confirmation email and everything

But remember, this is the make-believe world of disc golf, where money grows on trees!

I often wonder why anybody does anything for anyone in this sport. The ease of which a sense of entitlement goes to some folks' heads is mind-boggling.

While you have a point, your years of defending the pdga and TDs regardles of the validity of the complaints makes you hard to take seriously.

My Bracket is looking really good. I need Barry and Ken to win and I think I will be on the road to a clean sweep in the first round...

Last years tournament went so well that it created alot of desire for this tournament both players and spectators. you cant be upset with people because they expect things to at least be as good as last year. or that they are unhappy with how things turned out when claims were made that turned out false. youre just a hater like the rest of us.
as far as the money, Vibram is not some tiny little disc golf company scrapping by. they are a huge business. now the disc golf department may not have the funds to sponsor as many tournys as they have this year and get live streaming video. if thats the case tho, i as a person who wants the sport to grow and see it become apart of mainstream media think that its foolish to over extend on sponsorship. i would much rather see them concentrate their efforts on the Vibram Open and Players Cup. just like i think the other big dog companies in the sport should put more focus (individually) on only a couple of the major tournys to drive up their quality and therefore their marketability.