• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post pics of your Disc Dog

She dosen't go with me, but she does check out my gear for me before I go:

Picture032.jpg

Saw this picture on the first page of this thread and it almost made me cry.

I absolutely LOVE BASSET HOUNDS!!!

I unfortunately had to put down my old basset hound yesterday... 15 years old, back legs could barley hold her up, patches of fur missing, smelled funny, noisy, drooled EVERYWHERE... but I loved her all the same! She had been batteling a stomach tumor for the past several months and she finally had enough. She will be missed, but not forgotten!

Thats enough of making me sad...

Heres a pic of my 3 year old chocolate beagle, Lola, that goes with me regularly to throw disc...
lola2.jpg

Disc golf dogs!

Who else has a great disc golf dog? Does your dog chase your discs? Does your dog have his/her own disc to occupy them on the course? I like to take mine out on the course at least once a week. She's a little too distracting for me to play well with her all the time. But it's nice to have another friend with us when we play and she loves to join us! Post your disc golf dog pics here! Mine is a happy, healthy, mutt mix named Sammy. She doesn't chase discs but really enjoys being out on the course with us.

IMG_0782-2_zpsbbf0c754.png

Though I'm sure this thread will be prerubed, I'll bite. ;).

I don't have a dog myself right now, but I go golfing with some friends that have a great disc dog. You can catch a glimpse of her in the shot of mine that is in the 2013 Innova calendar this next year. Her name is Roxy and she is awesome at finding discs for us. We take her with us when we go ninja night golfing, and her owner will throw discs that aren't even glow, just becuese he knows she will find it for him.

251947_3161175430441_1945600303_n.jpg

This is my girl, Marley. She comes with me whenever I go disc golfing alone to keep me company. I wouldn't let her touch my discs so I got one for her to carry around. When I'm done teeing off thats her cue to drop her disc at my feet so I can throw a roller through the woods. It's absolutely amazing to watch her weave in and out of the trees after her frisbee.

picture.php

Though I'm sure this thread will be prerubed, I'll bite. ;).

I don't have a dog myself right now, but I go golfing with some friends that have a great disc dog. You can catch a glimpse of her in the shot of mine that is in the 2013 Innova calendar this next year. Her name is Roxy and she is awesome at finding discs for us. We take her with us when we go ninja night golfing, and her owner will throw discs that aren't even glow, just becuese he knows she will find it for him.

That is a SWEET picture. So much fog. So much win. :thmbup:

That is a SWEET picture. So much fog. So much win. :thmbup:

Thanks amego. It was a crazy foggy day. We were lucky to have Roxy with us as she found quite a few of our discs. That hole is a super difficult par 4. It turns right after that first treeline and heads up the hill to a pin on top of a boulder. Kirsten shot it great in this pic. I'm stoked Innova liked it enough to put it in there.

I'll be the preruber. The existing thread is too good to not keep going. It also has pics of my old mutt Otis who I still miss dearly, as well pics of my new boy Smokey who I love just as much.

Here it is.

^ beat me to it. ;-(

SMOKEY!! we need updated pics!
I'll try to remember to throw some up when I get home tonight. We played 90 holes last Saturday. He slept for two days, the poor little fella! I'm having a caddy pack built off his existing backpack for my home course so he can carry my discs (6 putters). It's going to be great not having to lug my bag and his leash around!

I get almost four weeks of vacation next year so expect to finally get to see him in person again. I'm absolutely going to be heading south next year for some discing and dogging!

Sorry, I did several searches for "dog" and nothing came up.
This is just one of those cases that the prerube is more for the dogs than being mean helpful. Happy to see it get some new life!

Last edited:
Here is my dog Floyd. He loves to come out to the courses...especially when given an opportunity to swim. This pic was taken at Estabrook Park in Milwaukee, WI.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 191
I advanced searched "disc dog" (with the quotes means find exact phrase) and changed the dropdown from search posts to search thread titles, and it was the first thread.**

**Not trying to be a jerk. Just trying to help everybody's search ability.

I advanced searched "disc dog" (with the quotes means find exact phrase) and changed the dropdown from search posts to search thread titles, and it was the first thread.**

**Not trying to be a jerk. Just trying to help everybody's search ability.

Thanks! I used to think I could search for things pretty well, then I joined this forum.

At first I wasn't able to post on the original thread, but I can now.

Last edited:
Mine is a happy, healthy, mutt mix named Sammy. She doesn't chase discs but really enjoys being out on the course with us.

IMG_0782-2_zpsbbf0c754.png

Latest posts