• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Quarantine: How will your game be?

I'm fortunate that I have a chainstar in the backyard and a big empty field behind the house. I never realized what a workout doing fieldwork really is!

My wife and I are both working full-time from home office now, with a very high energy 4-year-old at home. There's not time for anything. Weekdays are just switching off working and playing/teaching/watching the kid, then catching up on work after he goes to bed, then going to bed late and repeating the next day.

I'm getting plenty of inside-the-circle putting practice when we have some outside time. But I haven't taken a full throw since February. My putting will probably be great, but the rest of my game will be horrible. I would kill to play 9 holes or even just have a field work session right now.

Work and family commitments had already reduced my rounds to 2-3 per week. It usually required some trade off with the wife to spend Saturday with the guys chucking. Now with everyone cooped up all week, come Saturday the wife is ready for me to get out of the house for a while. However, with most or all public courses closed, I have to drive an hour to the hotbed of private courses in central NC.

So to answer the question, my game will be just as astonishingly mediocre after the lockdown is lifted.

I would suggest installing a net. I purchased some sports netting that can handle golf drives, baseball hits, etc. It really feels good to rip some drives, imop that's one of the things you miss the most when you can't play. Plus it's good for muscle memory, etc.

My Valkyrie just clicked with me and I have been throwing some laser beams with it so its looking quite positive.

All things considering, my game will be much worse. Haven't thrown in a couple months now. It will be a long road back to wherever my game was before injury. The basket looks awful lonely in the back yard.

My wife and I are both working full-time from home office now, with a very high energy 4-year-old at home. There's not time for anything. Weekdays are just switching off working and playing/teaching/watching the kid, then catching up on work after he goes to bed, then going to bed late and repeating the next day.

I'm getting plenty of inside-the-circle putting practice when we have some outside time. But I haven't taken a full throw since February. My putting will probably be great, but the rest of my game will be horrible. I would kill to play 9 holes or even just have a field work session right now.
I'm in this boat but with a 6 month old. It's pretty hard hearing about how bored everyone else is right now.

I did however pick up a baseball pitching net and have been working on standstill throws with it in the garage. My goal is to significantly reduce my rounding and feel the power pocket more.

My putting is already getting better, but I could certainly stand to get a better practice system to really dial that in. We've got 2 baskets in the yard, so when I start my putting routine, usually my son comes out and we just end up playing holes, where we call the course / mandos and throw.Playing the perimeter of the yard we have some decent 150-180' shots to play, so my Wizard / Nova / Zone upshot game is probably seeing the most improvement.

Latest posts