• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

yeah. i mean, i'm sure it's been on all my CPD and now that i looked it's on a couple of my others. i'm not even mad. i like all my PD. just interesting, i guess.

Looking at it against the EO Glow (matching PLHs), the nose looks shorter and rounder than the Glow to me.

a534a2a3-0c72-40dc-a77a-e63f91e792ae_zps078e7966.jpg

Looking at it against the EO Glow (matching PLHs), the nose looks shorter and rounder than the Glow to me.

a534a2a3-0c72-40dc-a77a-e63f91e792ae_zps078e7966.jpg

i agree with that. the EO nose is even more of an extreme example. however, when looking at all the others . . . the difference between the current run and previous is kinda weird.

some eyecandy. why not? orange CPD, slightly pearly. blue hotstamp. GGGT just did pretty much the tiniest restock ever. there were some new CPD without + rims i had never seen there before and this one had the highest PL of them all, even a little higher than my beefy patent number SPDs. also has the least amount of dome i've seen on a CPD. almost flat, same dome as my flatter patent #'s too.

PD1_zps70267752.jpg

PD2_zps56008894.jpg

okay, so i held it under a light to make sure it gave off extra pearliness. i like the rim in the second pic; reminds me of a small sun. great winter color.

^is that from the latest run?
sounds and looks like a nice one

i think it is. it's stiff just like all the other recent runs i've seen. the inked weight looks fresh and it roughly matches with what tbird was posting in his comparison pics.

the CFR CPD i have is flatter, but this is definitely the flattest production CPD i've seen out of any retailer i've been to. this is why i love being around so many brick and mortar retailers. :hfive:

I have a couple like that, Kodachrome. They are of the most recent run, to my knowledge. Some of the lighter weights have about the same PLH as my CFRs. I don't like how stiff they are though, especially when it's cold out. I really wish they'd put out GStar PDs. I swear I'd drop a good $200 on them.

ETA: The light weights I have are almost as flat as my CFRs.

Last edited:
I have a couple like that, Kodachrome. They are of the most recent run, to my knowledge. Some of the lighter weights have about the same PLH as my CFRs. I don't like how stiff they are though, especially when it's cold out. I really wish they'd put out GStar PDs. I swear I'd drop a good $200 on them.

ETA: The light weights I have are almost as flat as my CFRs.

huh. this is a 175g and i just stacked it up against a couple other of my PDs.

it's definitely lower than the CFR but almost as flat. higher than my beefy white SPDs ( i assume second run even though they are stock stamped? dunno) with patent #s which are higher than recent non-patent # which are about the same/a little higher than PPD.

at least those are my observations with the PDs that i have.

i think i shall go on a quest. a quest to find out what kind of SPD i have and the nuances between the star runs. i have a red patent # SPD with the plastic feel of the newer non patent # run and it has a lower PL than my patent # yellows and whites.

all yellow and white patent # i've seen, other than my first one with the weird rim, are high PL and beefy, flat.

i swear to god i'm going crazy filling out applications and job hunting. this will be a welcome temporary distraction. i'll see if the star runs are discussed earlier in the thread first.

Oh, here's another looker. (FR possibly?) I cannot fathom why I sold this...

994222_10201571226467635_982012682_n.jpg

yeah, that dayglo yellow is bauss. i've been thinking about picking up a couple.

as for the other one, that looks super classy. i can see why you regret selling it. :\

i noticed a general trend in the SPD i feel up at the retailers. many of the post patent # SPD feel more slippery and cheap, almost like the p plastic. pretty much all of them have lower PL than the patent # SPD in the same stack as well as more dome. they fly very straight, but that's what i have PPD for, no? and that's what i want my overstable SPD to break into. ce la vie.

yeah, that dayglo yellow is bauss. i've been thinking about picking up a couple.

as for the other one, that looks super classy. i can see why you regret selling it. :\

i noticed a general trend in the SPD i feel up at the retailers. many of the post patent # SPD feel more slippery and cheap, almost like the p plastic. pretty much all of them have lower PL than the patent # SPD in the same stack as well as more dome. they fly very straight, but that's what i have PPD for, no? and that's what i want my overstable SPD to break into. ce la vie.

I've noticed this in the newer spds too. The plastic on the older runs just feels a bit more dense or substantial in the hand. The newer ones are nice though, I had some dayglows in the upper 160s that were awesome and some white ones in the low 170s that were flat.

I have a 176.5 pearly, stiff, domey one that I love. Previously I had a 175 C plus and a 167 star vulcan top that were also very nice. Now I would like to get my hands on a nice 175 star and JL especially if they're less stiff.

Any help with this would be great. I'm looking to trade a shield stamp sline pd. Want to make sure I'm not asking for too much or too little. What would be a fair cash value for a 8/10 175 blue sline pd with shield stamp? thanks ahead for any feedback. I would posted this on "how much is this disc worth" but figured the pd thread would have more pd savy people. THANKS

Latest posts