• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

General fresh ratings by plastic:
C: 9/4/0/3.5
S: 9/4/0/3
G: 9/4/0/2
P: 9/4/0/2

With moderate use:
C: 9/4/0/3
S: 9/4/0/2.5
G: 9/4/0/1.5
P: 9/4/0/1

'Broken-in':
C: 9/4/0/2.5
S: 9/4/0/1.5
G: 9/4/0/1
P: 9/4/-1/1 (or even more understable).

C for hyzers/wind/finishing hard. (Early CFR runs super OS ... C is known as the least glidey PD in general)
S for hyzers/wind/distance. (Harder plastic stays more OS longer, newer softer breaks in quicker)
G for straight distance and accurate line drives. (Seems to change the least from new to worn - general fairway PD)
P for turns/hyzer-flips/tailwinds. (Breaks in 'quick', a couple different P-line types ... softer/harder)

I'm about to liquidate a lot of PDs I've been sitting on for quite a while. Lots of P-Line, G-Line, EO and F2 glows, and F2 C-Line coming down the pipe for anyone interested.

With moderate use:

'Broken-in':
C: 9/4/0/2.5
S: 9/4/0/1.5
G: 9/4/0/1

'Broken in'needs more turn. -1 at least on my second run cpd and -1+ on a patent red spd I bagged in February. I don't mess with g star, but off the shelf the two I threw had -1 turn.
Compare them to a firebird, a true 0 turn.

Why do you have glide the same for all, but then say c are known for being the most glidey?

With moderate use:

'Broken-in':
C: 9/4/-.5/1.5
S: 9/4/-1/1
G: 9/4/0/1 Havent broken one in

C for hyzers/wind/finishing hard. (Early CFR runs super OS ... C is known as the least glidey PD in general)
S for hyzers/wind/distance. (Harder plastic stays more OS longer, newer softer breaks in quicker)
G for straight distance and accurate line drives. (Seems to change the least from new to worn - general fairway PD)
P for turns/hyzer-flips/tailwinds. (Breaks in 'quick', a couple different P-line types ... softer/harder)

I agree with this all, but my findings are a little different when broken in.

I agree with this all, but my findings are a little different when broken in.
Especially the broken in P-line will definitely turn more than -1. I'd say -2 at least.

Also the flat G-line flips quite easily after some abuse. There I could live with -1 turn rating.

P's are easily a 5 glide. As far as their ratings, it depends on how they get beat in. I have one that's years old and it's like a good sidewinder. Others that take major collisions when fresh lose HSS but maintain their fade for a good -2/2 type flight. These are my favorites!

And I was wondering how far I'd be able to throw with a bionic arm.

I'll still be checking out the thread, I'm thinking about adding a G line for winter.

It's all good, I've got three legs. You can have one.

I win.

Also, gpd are pretty darn great. They start out like a seasoned s line and then beat up into a p line IMO. I like mine with dome. The flatter gpd I saw last year had a lower plh and they flipped more than ppd out of the box but I don't know if that still holds true.

Latest posts