• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I lost one of my favorite PD's this last weekend. It was a 171 S-Line with a flat top. Does anyone know which run was more straight and less beefy? I can't seem to find any new PD's under 175 that aren't super domey and FD3 level stability.

I lost one of my favorite PD's this last weekend. It was a 171 S-Line with a flat top. Does anyone know which run was more straight and less beefy? I can't seem to find any new PD's under 175 that aren't super domey and FD3 level stability.

I'm in the same boat. I still have my s-line penned pd but I'm afraid if I loose it I won't have a off the shelf replacement.

I'm in the same boat. I still have my s-line penned pd but I'm afraid if I loose it I won't have a off the shelf replacement.

Apologies if this is a regressive question, what does penned mean?

Mold/weight written on the disc's underside in pen. They've been moving to embossing (raised lettering/weight being embossed on the disc instead).

Thank you!

Definitely need a penned 171 s line PD then.

Thank you!

Definitely need a penned 171 s line PD then.

Good luck, I have a couple left to tide me over. I asked in the DM thread and the support dude said the next PD run will be in July. We can hope they aren't OS pigs like the last run.

Tried out a 166g c-line the other day, and so far it seems to fly just like my max weight Champion Firebird (both pretty much boardflat). Guess it's on to the CD2/Undertaker/Vulture in my quest for a Thunderbird replacement.

Tried out a 166g c-line the other day, and so far it seems to fly just like my max weight Champion Firebird (both pretty much boardflat). Guess it's on to the CD2/Undertaker/Vulture in my quest for a Thunderbird replacement.

Yeah. The current run is silly overstable. There should be a new run coming out this fall. Hopefully they'll be more "normal" PDs.

Finally some more neutral PDs. Too bad they are going to cost more, only be max weight, and only come in green and gray swirls.

Imo, I find the Banzai comparable to a neutral PD. Maybe a little less distance. Definitely cheaper and more color options available.

I love the feeling of the swirl star plastic but have never bought any of it because of those crap colors.

I really want a P-line PD... in normal colors... red for me

I will take a P-PD in any color at this point.

McBeth's Anax seems like it might be a good replacement if they run them in Elite X.

I will take a P-PD in any color at this point.

McBeth's Anax seems like it might be a good replacement if they run them in Elite X.

Yeah I'd pay really good money for a bunch of X Anax. Who else wants an XAnax?

i remember when innova pro shop a TON of factory second P-PD's available as recently as the beginning of this year.

I would periodically check and it would show 200 something 170-172g (no max weight ones just those weights) available and slowly dwindle down.

I'd promise myself to buy some because of how money P-PD's are but I only really throw pink and blue discs (but will throw other colors if its a favorite mold/plastic if I have no other choice). when they got below 50 left i finally pulled the trigger and bought 10 shared/split 5 with a friend.

I forgot that there was a 20% discount when you buy 10 factory seconds plus free shipping.

so the $9 p-pd came out to barely $5.80 each and i immediately regretted I didn't just buy 10 or more for myself so I could have P-PD's for the rest of my playing days and also use them for potential water discs when I don't want to lose a seasoned destroyer or something. because after buying those 10 (which I only could keep 5 after splitting order with a buddy) they were all gone. :(

I actually like the newest embossed c-line PD's because they are firebird overstable, but with more glide so I could fill that gap in the bag where you want firebird overstability but a little more distance so that spike hyzer 250-300ft shot can be thrown with normal form and not need 100% effort compared to a FAF champ firebird at my power.

I do miss those older gummy 4th run C-PD and 7th run PD that are longer distance teebirds with destroyer like distance when you're feeling loose.

I can get destroyer distance with fresh P-PD's though. Please please please discmania bring back the P-Pd.

I can get destroyer distance with fresh P-PD's though. Please please please discmania bring back the P-Pd.

Yeah, I am kicking myself for not ordering 10 when they were available at the factory store. My PPDs have always been in that 170-172 weight range too.

PDs are all I need for distance drivers right now....

2 S Line - one beefy and one mild/seasoned
2 P Line - one fresh and one flippy
1 D Line - woods and downhill distance

I will probably have to add a wider rim driver when I run out of P-PDs. I haven't found a 1.9cm driver that flies as far.