• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pre-shot routine

I always brush my feet on the teepad to make sure I have grip, then walk up to the front of the tee area (natural or concrete) to check out the grip there, then take a deep breath and visualize my line and release angle, then walk backwards to the back of the tee in a direct line away from where I want to throw my disc.

I always brush my feet on the teepad to make sure I have grip, then walk up to the front of the tee area (natural or concrete) to check out the grip there, then take a deep breath and visualize my line and release angle, then walk backwards to the back of the tee in a direct line away from where I want to throw my disc.

I can vouch for that!!!:clap::p

Take a deep breath with my eyes closed to make sure I'm focused, then grip it and rip it.

The line visualizing usually comes before I jump up on the tee pad.

Normally I will see my line when i approach the tee if not before. once im on the tee I will brush my feet( like a bull) focus on my grip take a deep breath then throw (x step)

I clean twigs and large debris off the box, hold my disc out on the release angle I want and look at my line, walk back and spin the disc on my fingers a few times (almost always 5 or 9 times, weird I know) and take slow breaths to clear my head and relax, then execute.

I like to take a deep breath before each shot. I just started playing and I think my biggest issue is taking my time. I tend to rush everything so taking a deep breath seems to help.

Wipe my throwing hand off with my towel, check the wind direction, check my footing on the teepad (if it's concrete).

Lately I've been taking my 5 month old son with me and he really hates it when the stroller stops moving, so my new pre-shot routine is to grab my disc on the way to the tee, set the stroller brake (you know, safety first), throw as quick as I can (hopefully before he starts crying), and then get moving again. Drives aren't so bad, but there's a lot more pressure on putts.

I center my chi and then pray to my spirit animals and clan ancestors for guidance and power.

Grab a disc, go to the rear of the pad, bounce up and down on the balls of my feet a few times, execute my run-up, re-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-each back and RIP IT.

Then I generally cuss a few times ....

I hope you mean wu tang clan :|

Nope, Clan MacLeod. I have to be prepared in case there is a quickening.

highlander_resam.jpg

Clear debris from teepad. Check footing. Line up my chest to the line I want to throw on. Take a deep breath while I swing my right arm back and forth, checking my grip on the disc. Take a step back with my right foot before kicking it forward and starting my x-step. No real run-up, just start moving forward smoothly. Throw and give it some body english hoping the disc will end up where I wanted. Fist pump on good shots. Rinse and repeat.

Walk to the position on the tee I'm going to throw from, two practice swings with follow through for angle and line, walk back sideways to bottom of tee, wipe off hand on leg, straightening body up to face 90 degrees away from basket, deep breath then run up and hit.

Last edited:
make sure footing is adequate
visualize line
take a breath
tell myself only losers birdie putt from outside of the circle
throw
call myself a loser

Latest posts