• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Preliminary 2018 bag

Quinntastic

Birdie Member
So get the vitals out of the way;

I'm 28, been playin about 15 years. Mostly RHBH but have developed a usable FH from 250 and in.

Distances Avg/max;

Putter(p2) 235/260
Mids(Roc3) 275/310
Fairway(Teebird) 300/350
Driver(Destroyer) 335/425

I'm starting to put together a bag for next season. A lot of this is for personal record, but I do have a few spots I'd like advice. Mostly and OS mid that I can keep bagging without worry. It's hard to throw a proline over water or really on anything with a hint of a possibility of losing it lol. Also I am looking for a disc to use for FH drives and longer approaches.

Bag setup;

Putters:

P-line p2 9/10, 175g (putting putter)
Swirly S-line p2 9/10, 175g (slightly OS approaches and drives, FH approaches from 100 and in)
P-line p2 7/10, 175g (strait and anhyzer approaches and drives, putts outside 60' or when something I don't want my main putter getting dinged on)

Mids:

MF Roc3 7.5/10 180g (moderately OS mid, Usable for FH, has some turn)
MF Roc3 10/10, 180g (no turn developed yet, consistent fade but holds strait 80% of flight at least)
DX roc 6/10 180g (strait with minimal fade at end)
Mcpro Roc3 6/10 180g (turnover throws, with hyzer flip to strait with slight fade and end)

Proline gremlin 6/10 178g (OS mid, FH and BH, very small turn unless forced, but meathooks when thrown with hyzer, still barely flips to flat if I absolutely rip on it. Been abused for years and still dumps hard left. Why Innova stopped making these is beyond me.)

Here is my problem here;
I can't throw this discs without overthinking losing it. It's hard to throw a confident throw without confidence obviously. This is probably my favorite disc ever, and the discmania versions sucked. If your not familiar, a gremlin kinda feels like a larger diameter gator with a flat top and thinner profile.

Fairways:

DX teebird 168g 6/10 (hyzerflip to turnover and rollers)
E*teebird 170g 7/10 (slow long turn with a slow fade left and end, still beating in and should start holding that line more pretty soon)
Eternal Alpha 174g 8/10 (has small a pint of turn and huge dump left at the end)
Apex Alpha 172g 7/10 ( some good turn and forward penetrating fade)
FD3 171g, 8/10 (OS fairway slot, but not super happy with it, decent discs but doesn't handle FH as well. Tried to replace my 11x firebird for the same reasons as the gremlin. Thinking of getting another FB though)

Drivers:

Pro destroyer 168g 5/10 (US driver, flips up and has hefty amount on turn, and flip to flat and carry strait)

Philo destroyer 8/10 168g (go to driver ATM, little turn and consistent fade, typically stays a pretty strait flight for a destroyer)

Philo destroyer 9.5/10 167g (trying to keep this slightly more OS then other philo, probably will take out when it gets to the sweet spot for a backup)

AJ destroyer 6/10 171g (meathook driver when thrown on hyzer, forced turnovers and flexes, FH when needed, but not my favorite FH discs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a Mortar or BuzzzOS for those shots where you might lose the Gremlin? That way you can keep rocking the Gremlin but have something easily replaceable for those over the water shots.

Color Glow Firebirds are plentiful and aren't quite as stable as a Sexton, you might could try one instead of an FD3

Otherwise bag looks good!

Sounds like you could

1 try to get more of the Gremlins that you throw and hoard them
2 drop the Gremlin and throw only Roc's and ROC3's, Roc3X to cover all of your mid shots
3 add a gator like disc to your bag.