• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prettiest flight paths

...I could not get through half of that video, I missed the topic, sorry.

Cool that you make the vids though, I'm sure they are popular.

Visuals and talking about disc golf are cool.

Actually, my favorite flight is about two seconds long and that's it. You know it's going in as soon as it leaves your hand. It's that part of the flight that is my favorite and if the actual flight time is long, it is even better but it's the first two seconds that I am looking for, don't care about the rest because you already know what it is going to do and you start running after it.

I'm going to have to go with champ Valkyrie on this one. I recently found my old champ underneath my car seat. I thought i lost the thing all summer before that. The flight of this thing when thrown hard flat out the left for a long gentle right curve is breathless. Don't have to do anything but just let the disc go and watch.

Comet... slow and steady wins the race

your winner, hands down!

my blue ron russel comet is slightly beat in and flips up a bit, very slowly. yesterday, i threw a nice shot on a 250 ft hole that requires just a tiny bit of S. at about 170 ft out it was headed towards a tree on the left side of the fairway and my playing partner said "uh oh" and i said, "wait" and then it turned just a bit right, straightened out and then finished just a little left, under the basket.

he said, "do you have a remote-control on that disc?" and i said, "nope, that's just what it does."

the comet's the best disc to sit down and have a cup of coffee and watch it work it's magic.

Kenny talks about flight paths in my video.....Check it!

thanks for the post, that's a good interview. at around 5:10, when champ answers the question regarding how most younger players try to shred courses with overstable discs thrown hyzer, either backhand or forehand, they touch on a very important aspect of disc flight and course design.

that concept figured heavily in the way that i designed The Magnolia DGC. it's a tight, wooded course that is intended to force players to throw many subtle variations in shot shape, including slow, gentle S shots and banking hyzer-flips with less stable discs. i frequently play the course with a beat in stalker, comet, and an aviar and score as well as when i bring the whole bag.

check out the video and notice that the only overstable disc that i'm throwing is the pink destroyer:

The Magnolia DGC, Live Oak, FL

note: the course footage starts at 1:32, if you want to skip the intro.

Latest posts