• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Players that come to the forums

He still doesn't drink or smoke. If he started mailing it in after signing his "big" deal, why would he continue to deprive himself in this way?...

...Compared to the rest of the world, disc golf pros are living on peanuts...

Why would anyone want to poison themselves? Not every one wants to drink and smoke.

Compared to most of the rest of the world, disc golf pros are living a life of luxury.

Otherwise, your post is unassailable.

Submit adjective unwilling to spend money or use resources; stingy or frugal.

Didn't McBeth rent a warehouse in OKC to practice his putting, over the Winter of 2014- 2015?

I haven't heard of him doing anything similar for this past Winter. I wonder if that's why his putting doesn't seem as good as it was, a year ago.

Didn't McBeth rent a warehouse in OKC to practice his putting, over the Winter of 2014- 2015?

I haven't heard of him doing anything similar for this past Winter. I wonder if that's why his putting doesn't seem as good as it was, a year ago.

well, he lives in California, so renting a warehouse would be kinda silly... if you're from up north, renting a warehouse could be nice, but there is such a thing as indoor heating..

I'm not gonna lie, I had to look up "parsimonious".

Still don't know what it means...

Not sure JT does either... His post was too frugal for this forum? Even stetching the context to DG content I never think of this place as rich. Lol'

Plus it generally refers to $ or food.

Why would anyone want to poison themselves? Not every one wants to drink and smoke.

Yeah, that came across wrong in my post. Didn't mean to imply McBeth would necessarily be drinking and smoking if he didn't have to stay in shape for his job. That was sloppy, my bad.

I don't think McBeth has stated that he refrains necessarily because of his job and not from a general desire to be healthy, but I know that he has acknowledged the benefits to his performance he has derived from refraining.

I just meant that many disc golfers, even top pros, smoke and drink and I'm pretty sure they would view abstaining from drinking and smoking to be a pretty big sacrifice.

Compared to most of the rest of the world, disc golf pros are living a life of luxury.

This is true, of course. Good point. I'm gonna use this argument next time our plumber or AC guy tries to raise his rates. "C'mon, Carlos, you can't raise your rates on us. Don't you realize how luxurious your life is already, compared to plumbers in Equatorial Ginuea?" ;)

Otherwise, your post is unassailable.

Ditto. :clap:

well, he lives in California, so renting a warehouse would be kinda silly... if you're from up north, renting a warehouse could be nice, but there is such a thing as indoor heating..

Yeah, I know he lives in Huntington Beach, CA.

However, there was a video of Paul practicing in a warehouse, while freezing his butt off. He was also showcasing his basketball skills.

Supposedly, the warehouse was in OKC.

Are you going to give any hints or should we just start guessing?

I'm not gonna put anyone's business out there. I'll just say that at an NT, a certain player didn't play so good the first day. At the player's party that night he drank a lot. Next day he played considerably better.

Point being, not all pros are as clean living as McBeth.

(Wait. What? Get out of here. Disc golfers like to party?)

I'm not gonna put anyone's business out there. I'll just say that at an NT, a certain player didn't play so good the first day. At the player's party that night he drank a lot. Next day he played considerably better.

Point being, not all pros are as clean living as McBeth.

(Wait. What? Get out of here. Disc golfers like to party?)

Oh. I thought you meant during the round. My curosity is no longer piqued.

Carry on with the breaking news...

Latest posts