• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

probably a stupid question....

Systmvayne8

Bogey Member
i have been mind boggled over this for some time.... so i am finally gonna ask it. What does CFR, 11x, 10x, ect? i have no idea what these stand for

I've been boggled over such things myself.

I believe 10x, 11x, etc means a disc with a Ken Climo stamp, denoting how many times he had won a World Championship at that time?

thats what i thought... about 10x and 11x.so really it dosent mean anything, its just a stamp.

It's a different stamp, but also a different "run" of that mold, so one could come out more stable, overstable, etc. (they were produced in essentially a different year) So a different run might be more preferable. Still speculating here, but I think that might be close. :D

Innova production lines vary at times. There are people who prefer 10x Ken Climo or 11x Ken Climo Firebirds, TeeBirds, Rocs, Whippets, Aviars, Eagle-Xs or Eagle-Ls. Some are flatter, Some are have bigger domes, some plastics are made differently, some tend to be more overstable/understable than others. So you'll find people such as myself who will be looking for 11x Ken Climo Champion TeeBirds. It's a preference, that's all. Innova has some inconsistancies at times or make changes to their molds and people have their favorites. So some people will be searching out certain runs to fill the bags and for backups for lost discs.

CFR stands for Candy Fundraiser that Innova presses specifically for tournaments. "Fundraiser Discs". They have items that are not in the normal production line currently. CFR Glow Orcs, CFR Champion TLs, etc.

Innova production lines vary at times. There are people who prefer 10x Ken Climo or 11x Ken Climo Firebirds, TeeBirds, Rocs, Whippets, Aviars, Eagle-Xs or Eagle-Ls. Some are flatter, Some are have bigger domes, some plastics are made differently, some tend to be more overstable/understable than others. So you'll find people such as myself who will be looking for 11x Ken Climo Champion TeeBirds. It's a preference, that's all. Innova has some inconsistancies at times or make changes to their molds and people have their favorites. So some people will be searching out certain runs to fill the bags and for backups for lost discs.

CFR stands for Candy Fundraiser that Innova presses specifically for tournaments. "Fundraiser Discs". They have items that are not in the normal production line currently. CFR Glow Orcs, CFR Champion TLs, etc.

beautiful answer thanks

There are no stupid people. Only people with degrees from Florida.

(Sorry it's football season again.)

Might want to worry about OSU before you look ahead to Florida. :D

the relationship between domeyness and stability varies from disc to disc. rocs, for example, tend to be more overstable when flatter- that is why "flat-top" rocs are so coveted. works the opposite for some drivers.

the relationship between domeyness and stability varies from disc to disc. rocs, for example, tend to be more overstable when flatter- that is why "flat-top" rocs are so coveted. works the opposite for some drivers.

My league has some Flat-top Rocs for sale if anyone is interested. They're custom-stamped. We're raising money for a practice basket at the course. Take a look:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6296

Latest posts