• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Procul

shroom

Eagle Member
Since these discs have started making into people's hands, I would like to hear honest reviews.

The previous thread was deleted because it became to much of a promotion thread. So let's keep this one with reviews, thoughts and impression of the disc.

I've only thrown the Creamy Procul. I absolutely hated it. I threw it at 80% on a mega hyzer, and it flipped to a roller. I was told that it was the creamy plastic that made it so crazy understable. Hopefully they can fix that issue. I haven't thrown a Tasty Procul.

Testing conditions (on 7/29/13): 78 degrees, 5-7mph winds.
Test comparison subject: brand new 163g Jolly Launcher Tern.

Initial reactions: plastic is extremely grippy. Very flexy flight plate. My three proculs weighed in at either 171 or 172g.

Slightly domes. Kinda a nipple on top of the dome. The orange Procul was the flattest of the three.

I throw 300-325' typically with my 174g Neutron Volt. The Tern leapt out my hand, and easily hit this mark, nearly dead straight the entire flight.

First throw with a Procul took a big turn right out my hand, and hit ground 250' out. The second one I released with a slight hyzer. It flipped flat, and came to rest about 30' shy of the Tern.

The Proculs have some serious turn. I compare it to slightly less than the turn my 170g Star Mamba puts out. Compared to the Mamba, though, it has a bit more late fade. The rim is not slanted at all. Between the straight up and down rim, the very flexy flight plate, and the incredibly tacky plastic, the grip is incredible.

They're hyzer flip machines, even at my modest range. They lack the glide of the Tern, but given a high hyzer release, some nice distance can be realized. If kept on a low line, they drop a little earlier than I'd expect from such a wide rimmed driver. Less glide than a Tern, or even a River.

All in all, I will be bagging one for the time being. I imagine such a flexy disc woul be useful in the woods, it shouldn't deflect hard off the trees, and the easy turn should yield some crazy hyzer flips. The. Grip. Is. Incredible. Some of you harder throwers might turn them over a little too easy, but I'd still give one a try.
Tern in blue, Procul in green
20130729_213153.jpg

20130729_204357.jpg

20130729_204315.jpg

20130729_204131.jpg

Proculwidth.jpg

Sorry about the lack of more video, if anyone else could help with this that would be great, time is not something i much of anymore seeing that my 2 week old son takes it all :)

(plus this was thrown together super quick with an iphone video that i happened to have) official videos should be coming within the week

Sorry about the lack of more video, if anyone else could help with this that would be great, time is not something i much of anymore seeing that my 2 week old son takes it all :)

Congrates! Between a newborn and UB, I would imagine that there aren't enough hours in the day.

that shoulder is crazy high. no way would i personally be able to get a smooth throw with that.

what disc is next on the docket?

I was thinking more along the lines of a polecat.

0a0f7179_tear_joy.jpg

If you're serious, and you're planning to run them in premium plastic at all, you're the man! I'm tired of bugging Innova for a premium plastic Kitty and being told to stop sending emails.