• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy M3 Impressions

Mike C

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Did not see a thread on this disc, hope this isnt a repeat.

I got a chance to throw a Prodigy M3 today after my round and I have to say from the handful of throws I had with it, I was impressed.

The profile looks fairly similar to a Roc3, except no bead and a faster nose.

The flight was fantastic. Throwing it in a mild tailwind / left to right crosswind it felt like a slightly faster KC pro Roc flight in a tacky champ plastic.

Threw it a few times into the wind and given some hyzer it managed 300 foot or so shots easily without flipping.

It seems to fly more overstable than I thought an M3 would. I only got 6 or 7 throws in with it today but I will be testing it out some more over the next few days.

Profile comared to a Roc3:

HpCKQ9K.jpg

Short video of me throwing a 380 foot hole a few times to get a feel for the disc:

I'm very glad you made this thread. I was wondering what everyone's reaction to the M3 was. I am currently trying to kick the Rocs out of my bag. I don't have the time, energy, or money to keep trying to find the right Roc after I beat one in too much.

Currently in the running: M3, Mace, Wasp/Buzzz combo, Pain/Warship/Tursas.

But I digress, Bring on the M3 reviews!!!!

I don't see much of a gap between the m1 and m3. I don't know if m2s exist at this point, but I wonder if they will be similar to the m3 stability but with a bead for players that like that hand feel. Kind of a roc clone where as the m3 is more of a buzzz look alike.

The bottom of the wing is a lot more curved than a Buzz:

Well, the picture was going to be here, but my computer just says no. Sorry.

Would you say that roc3 is a domey one? The picture makes it look like one. The M3 is domey as well?

I know there are differences between the m3 and buzzz. I was more referring to the fact that it doesn't have a bead.

The Roc3 is flat near the edge, and an inch and a half in or so from the wing gets a little tiny bit of dome. Less dome overall than most Rocs Ive thrown in the past.

The M3 has a domier shoulder right above the wing, but flatter top past that part.

The M3 flew more overstable than the Roc. If you check the 10th Buzz thread I posted a video with one throw from the Roc on the same hole.

I've had several throws with the M3, and agreed with the OP's findings that they have a fair amount more LSS than the Roc3. It's rarely windy enough in Memphis to need something more stable than the M3 but in windier parts of the country many may like its straight flight and large fade. I did like the M3 better than my Roc3 for my flick. Sidearmed it doesn't require as much hyzer and doesn't have the dumping fade of their M1.

Last week Cameron came to bag tags after his Memorial and Texas State tourney trip with news that they would be calling the M3 the new M2 and reconfigure a new M3 to fill in the large gap between the current M3 and M4. BTW, the M4 is really nice and reminds me of a nicely seasoned z buzzz. Cam called the M4 "money".

I've had several throws with the M3, and agreed with the OP's findings that they have a fair amount more LSS than the Roc3. It's rarely windy enough in Memphis to need something more stable than the M3 but in windier parts of the country many may like its straight flight and large fade. I did like the M3 better than my Roc3 for my flick. Sidearmed it doesn't require as much hyzer and doesn't have the dumping fade of their M1.

Last week Cameron came to bag tags after his Memorial and Texas State tourney trip with news that they would be calling the M3 the new M2 and reconfigure a new M3 to fill in the large gap between the current M3 and M4. BTW, the M4 is really nice and reminds me of a nicely seasoned z buzzz. Cam called the M4 "money".

They really need to drop the letter and number stuff.. Just name the things so this doesn't continue to happen. These are great molds and just shuffling everything around and changing them is only going to scare people away.

I too agree with much of what mike said. Really love the prodigy plastic for midranges. I've always had problems with grip using premium plastic mids. I haven't had any problems with my M3 and M1. Just got a M4 earlier this week but haven't had time to throw it yet. Can't wait to test it!

I'm more impressed with the m1 than the m3.

That overstable mid spot is harder for me to fill with nice plastic discs (gators kinda suck in stock plastics, drones I only like in SE and LE Z which run $20 a pop at least), local retailers have the m1 for $16 already so I may actually try one

How did the m1 fly for you?

For me, the M1 flew like a Hornet. Straight initial flight with zero turn and then once it slowed slightly the fade kicked in. Grip felt better than a Hornet (flatter, not nearly as domey IMO).

Throwing my M1 flat with maybe 10' of height I got it out around 275'ish (max distance for me = 450', normal golf distance with distance drivers = 400', Roc max distance = 320').

Don't think it's going to replace my Gator, but the M1 will be in my bag for a while I think.

In a word... Overstable

But it's not so overstable that it can't be controlled, it seems to be a bit less OS than a Drone and have a bit more glide

How did the m1 fly for you?

Like a stable Drone. Personally I don't need anything that stable since I'm not giving up my Whippet (which I only bag when winds are 20mph) or Firebird. I don't need a disc in between those two and they both flick cleaner than the M1 did for me.