• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodiscus backpack

I hear the screeching tires of a thread being derailed and a pissing contest.

I am looking forward to more info on this new Prodiscus bag...I'll hold off on my Spinal Tap pre-order.

No worries. New013 taught me a new trick. Going to make me thread viewing experience lots cleaner.

I asked yesterday:
will it still have the same style side pockets for gear?
Prodiscus Response:
bigger side pockect style remain. from inside 2 pocket are remowed and only 1 remains. From back of the bag the "tubes" are taken away so no more holders for umbrella and chair. also rain hood is taken away but fabric itself is water proof. so basicly it will be simplier bag with Prodiscus style. I'll send photos right after the final proto is made.

I can't tell you how often I see someone trying to choose between their 5 destroyers on which one is the right shot. if you dont know immediately you dont know your discs.

100% agreed.

I am jealous of your sweatshirts fitting in your bags, my don't and i have to carry it around the whole 2nd half of a round and it pisses me off. I have an old lightning bag from 10 years ago that i can stuff full of 20-24 discs, and get my food and towels and 32oz water, but no room for sweatshirt, jacket, etc.

I think it is GREAT that prodiscus has a massive bag, coming out with a smaller backpack, same with physical flight having multiple size backpacks(right?), and voodoo having so many different sizes of bags. Nothing but good can come from all the options in bags. Grip, mahal, gorilla boy, all the others, great stuff.

Some people like being able to carry ANYTHING they want, always be super prepared (i do, i'm bad at packing a suitcase too, always want to take more stuff)

some want the smallest, lightest set-up ever (one of best guys in my area carries like 8-9 discs in a super small innova bag, lots of dx too)

Most people want the middle ground, which is where the majority of disc bags fall.

the key is carry what makes you confident, know your discs and have fun.

Yes, I mean it's a beautiful thing when someone steps up to a teepad and doesn't know what they want to throw. It's great knowing my chances of cashing are that much better.

Yes, I mean it's a beautiful thing when someone steps up to a teepad and doesn't know what they want to throw. It's great knowing my chances of cashing are that much better.

:thmbup::thmbup:
I love hearing "dang i should have thrown my other *blank* one"

Is there suppose to be a redesign of the bag. I heard they were going to make it smaller and the new design is suppose to start next month.

Is there suppose to be a redesign of the bag. I heard they were going to make it smaller and the new design is suppose to start next month.
They're releasing a smaller bag as a new model, not a replacement for the Jetpack.
lxiong starting on pg 75 I posted Prodicus's comments on facebook concerning the new small model coming out. And Prodiscus just recently shipped out a bunch of bags to their US suppliers.

A smaller backpack would be a very appealing aspect for me. It looks like such an awesome bag, but looking too wide! I would love a bag athat could carry 10-20 at most in a compact, sturdy, and comfy design.

:thmbup::thmbup:
I love hearing "dang i should have thrown my other *blank* one"

We have a local player that we've initiated a "2 choice" rule. He is allowed no more than 2 times going back to his bag and picking out a different disc when it's his turn to tee. It started getting really bad because he carries just a giant pile of everything around in his bag.

A smaller backpack would be a very appealing aspect for me. It looks like such an awesome bag, but looking too wide! I would love a bag athat could carry 10-20 at most in a compact, sturdy, and comfy design.

I know Physical Flight has a smaller/medium backpack in the works for 2013. I think we'll see more and more in this size range pop up in the next year or two.

Last edited:
My Bag Story/Review

So I got my Prodiscus bag in Aug 2012. I play 3-4 rounds a week on average. I do very much like the room & space it has to carry i'll the stuff I do. I think with all my discs & non perishables it probably weighs in the 35-40lbs range. Too heavy for some but I like to carry what I carry. For Christmas I got some 32oz Nalgene containers & with the combination of carrying 4-5 discs in the side pockets & the wider Nalgene bottles i got a rip on one of the seams in drink holders. My advice to anyone who uses the Nalgenes with this bag is not to put more than 3 discs (4 drivers max) in the side pockets. The next thing i would say about this bag is in comparison to the Grip. The Grip has hard plastic feet things screwed into the bottom of the bag to allow it to stand up right. In my opinion this is what prodiscus is going to need to do. The Prodiscus bags have two hard rubber pads on the bottom but they are not as heavy duty as the Grip ones are. This has made the bottom of the Prodiscus bag start to come apart at the stitching. That is because the whole bag sits on the ground & from hundreds if not thousands of times of picking it up & down on the seams on the bottom have started to show some stress. They aren't any holes in it yet but it will need to be plasti dipped to prolong the life of it. I feel that it is wasn't actually sitting on the ground & had the two hard plastic things that Grip does that would eliminate the seams getting scraped from setting down/picking up. Other than that i feel the quality is great & is a great option for people who like to carry more than other back packs allow.

The great news is I messaged the owner Kai & sent him some of the pics. His customer service was top notch & he sent me a brand new one as a replacement. I was really stressing over what i was going to do & what would happen but he really stood behind his product & encouraged me to write this post. He said he enjoys criticism as that is how one improves.

Hope this helps anyone out there who has or is currently using one.

Last edited:
Ive got my hands on one of the 30 first smaller backpacks! :thmbup: Cant wait to get it home and try it out. just have to wait 3 more weeks before release.

Will post a pic when i get it home!

It should look like the bigger bag, He took away one drink holder, one outer pocket and made the bag waterproof so its no rainfly on it. So i think it gonna look kinda similiar to the big one. its a couple of inches smaller 2.

Latest posts