• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Production Champion Roc 3

I cracked my nice stiff 11x KC Pro Roc when I threw it into a tree. It was barely used and the tree was a good ways down the fairway. And it wasn't even cold outside. :(

So, are the star stamps any different from the AOs? Judging by how they look and what people are saying, they seem like they're the same run. I'd still like to get my hands on one.

Sounds suspiciously familiar to my experience. I just got done replying to Innova about the incident. They did ask where and when I purchased it so maybe I'll get a replacement from them. I bought a couple R3's, and had all intentions of throwing them until DiscChainBasket18 said they were going for ridiculous cash. I had the same problem with an anvil once.

Why are these not coming flat? Seems like the demand is for flat ones and innova just keeps producing inconsistent runs. I have been seeing this more on the forums about there inconsistent quality. Are we expecting to much from them? Seems like when a new run comes out they try to get it in a box and out the door. Is there an inspection before these disc ship?

I agree. I personally am not a big Roc thrower nor in the market for these limited runs, but it is frustrating how Innova even claimed that the Roc3 would be flatter and then this varying degrees of domyness comes out. Good businesses should always keep the interest of the customer in mind...guess Innova isn't getting the message and just throwing whatever poo out the door that comes off the line.

There's no way you could call the AO's or the proto's "domey".

But a few were board-flat and some were a little less flat.
The difference probably isn't noticeable to most people.

OTOH, all the PM RC3's I saw were indeed board-flat, like a table top.

DiscJunkie: I trust your judgment on the ones you saw, but I went through all 50 that arrived in Memphis for a seller here and about 7 were flat. Around 20 had a mild dome, and 23 were literally domey.

In my opinion, if the mold was supposed to be flat, they should x-out any that are domey. It's not what was advertised.

I bought three domey ones. I like the dome. But, I don't understand how they can justify this.

Someone would be out of their mind think innova is going to deliver a consistent mold no matter what they advertise. Your best off finding a shop somewhere that's selling them, then actually go and feel the discs before you buy.. and even then you might not find 2 that are the same. Never buy innova online that's for sure.

They produce more than they can keep quality control for.

I got tired of buying the good old Innova plastic that used to be consistent for $30-60 a disc when i can just switch to a new company that has superior consistency and the most precise molding hardware in the industry with discs that are just as good if not better... seems like a no brainer to me.

No manufacturer is perfect, but i try to vote with my wallet to keep competitive standards alive.

My favorite part "it is not noticeable to most people." Well thats great, most people. How about the ones throwing them. My J/O rocs range from 2.50-3.00. Thats domey! My McBeth Rocs 2.00-2.25. Im not complaing to disc junkie just dont agree with him. (READY FIGHT) FLAWLESS VICTORY. LOL

Last edited:
just scooped a few. both our pias had alot of light ones 166-169 that were domey. very few 170-175 and there there were about a dozen or so max weights that were board flat.

i grabbed two neon orange , one lime green and one rootbeer

"Domey" is a word that can't really be quantified.
Here is my way of measuring "domey".
My Mamba is domey, my proto Champ FT Roc (RC3) is not domey.

I am not saying that the proto RC3's have no dome at all, just that they're not domey like, say, a Mamba. They're not all flat either, but they're degrees of flat and not-as-flat.
Personally, I wouldn't call any of them domey, but that's just me.
I can agree to disagree.

I got 20 in for my club, and out of the 20, we had ~4 table-flat ones. Like booter said, all max weight.

As far as the flight goes, I don't have the arm to take advantage of the RC3's, but I have been told that the flatter ones are more stable and the ones with a bit of dome to them are less stable, but have better glide.

man, wish our PIAS ordered disc in the winter.....

I'll have three coming shortly. Hopefully making it in before I leave next week for the 'burg. I know I am keeping two for now but the third is gonna be up for grabs.

I got a couple at PIAS like Booter did. There was plenty of variation in dome. The lime greens and hot oranges were all dead flat.

They only got 2 rainbow stamps out of 50 but I didn't like the color schemes. There were lots of black stamps, 2 white stamps, quite a few silver "wavy" holographics, a few blue prisms, and about 8 purple sparkles.

I liked the lime/purple sparkle the best as they were the coolest color combo and the flattest, so I got two of them.

I have been throwing the JO and I just love it. Dead straight with decent glide for being so new, with that little touch of fade at the very end. It's a great complement to my overstable Kenny Glow.

So now I can throw my Champ Cobra (understable), RC3 (straight-stable), and Kenny Glow (overstable) with little difference in the molds and weights, only in flightpaths. They are all large-diameter beaded mids that weigh between 175-180g. Should be good for consistency!

Latest posts