• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Putter and Approach

Treeknuckle

Par Member
Today was a very sad day for me, I lost my wonderful soft wizard today :wall::wall::wall: but my mother is just so conveniently bribing me with a 50$ amazon gift card if i do some work around the house:thmbup: so I was wondering what you wonderful dgers recommend. I do not like any breed of aviar. I've tried and failed with all. Other than that Im open to all suggestions.

Today was a very sad day for me, I lost my wonderful soft wizard today :wall::wall::wall: but my mother is just so conveniently bribing me with a 50$ amazon gift card if i do some work around the house:thmbup: so I was wondering what you wonderful dgers recommend. I do not like any breed of aviar. I've tried and failed with all. Other than that Im open to all suggestions.

There be your answer.

I really think you'd like the MVP putters. The ion is similar to a wizard, the anode is a straighter putter and beadless

Either one is a great choice.

If you like soft I have a soft neutron ion I would let go of for $13 . I prefer stiff, but a lot of people like the soft

I have fallen for the Vibram Summit. Very shallow rim; I like the Aviar as well (my first putter), but it always felt klunky in my hand. Summit seems fast and responsive as a putter; I think I have so much muscle memory with the Aviar, that it is taking forever to dial it in, but I BARELY miss so many times, and just today sank a 100 foot putt with it.

I can drive the crap out of the Summit as well, for a rubber arm anyways.

\

I was looking to try something new, since I could get me a nice stack of different putters :D

I would say buy another Wizard but gateway is too inconsistent.. Especially buying online. I would go with an Ion and/or Anode. If you can buy a few. Try 2 of each. I putt with Neutron Anodes. I like the Mediums on Proton too.

I was looking to try something new, since I could get me a nice stack of different putters :D

I would plug MVP too, but they don't have a Soft Wizard equivalent plastic.

Did you want a different plastic feel, but enjoyed the flight of the Wiz? If so, the MVP Ion is the only way to go.

If you really liked the Soft Wizard, you can shop around (especially Marshall Street) and find good deals on Gateway products.

How would you compare the plastic on the Eraser Wizard to a Soft Wizard? I wish I could feel them before buying :(

How would you compare the plastic on the Eraser Wizard to a Soft Wizard? I wish I could feel them before buying :(

The Eraser is very grippy,but not hang on you hand grippy like Soft Judges plastic or R-Pro plastic.

It's almost like a soft,but very tacky instead of that slicker feeling the softs have.

Have ever felt the Zero Line plastic from Latitude 64? That is what the tackiness feels like.

Last edited:
Ok I was just making sure it wasn't much floppier, because I love the firmer feel for approaches

Ah hell, now I have to buy at least one more putter. That sounds perfect. I might soon be one of those nutters who carries around half a dozen wizards.

The Zero Line Spike has these 2 grip pads on the top for when it gets dry or if it's humid out. Most of the time I don't even use the pads just because the plastic feels that good in the hand.

I have to give my 2 cents towards the Anode. I use the medium proton for drives and approaches, and soft protons for putting. I didn't care for the neutrons.

Love me some blank anodes, so cool looking!

I might soon be one of those nutters who carries around half a dozen wizards.

Hell ya. Grab another soft, a ss, an eraser and a glow and see what you like. What color did you have? Seems to me in s, ss, etc each color has a distinct feel.

The Zero Line Spike has these 2 grip pads on the top for when it gets dry or if it's humid out. Most of the time I don't even use the pads just because the plastic feels that good in the hand.

I also own a zero spike. I haven't been able to get used to the pads. It's not a problem; they're easily ignored. The feel really is something special.

What color did you have?

Super Soft "Pink Orange". I want to try next:

Normal Eraser
The illegally super-firm ones over at marshall st.
HPP plastic
and probably at least one more on a whim. Maybe organic.

If you want a nice wizard go for a superglow s wizard they're stiff but sticky.

I use a sinus ap for all my approaches and I love the medium/g9i wizards. tried those yet?

Latest posts