• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter driving?

I throw a putter up to 300' (MVP ion) I usually only use it on holes up to 300 if there is no overhead branches and there is a straight shot. Most of the time I drive with them it is on ~200' and under with no huge curves just subtle Anny or hyzer lines.

Lol at the fluctuation of how far people can throw something the later the thread goes on. page ten look for a guy who can throw 550'

I haven't tried because I cant do a pull through with my putter. Lol

I used to throw a SE Soft Rhyno for any fairly straight shots under 250 until I started using a Buzzz instead (less effort involved which I like).

I throw my champ rhyno on any hole less than 250ft. I throw my putter more than my mids now because I trust it more.

I just got a gateway voodoo that I might like to try driving with on some shorter holes, it holds just about any line very well. Sometimes every once in a while I'll go to a short course and play putters only, just to keep my form clean.

How many drive with putters? If so, what putter? What distance? What are some of the flight characteristics you want or have?

I drive with Ions and Anodes. I've had many putter drives in the 350-380' range but usually don't drive them past 325' unless I'm playing a putter only round. I like a putter that has really good high speed stability so it won't turn over, but still has good glide. Anode is my favorite driving putter but sometimes the extra overstability of Ions is called for.

up to 250 is a putter, or tailwind up to 300 or so; either a classic aviar or an xd; aviar for everything, xd is for hyzer-flipping tight lines.

I drive putters (Ions, Anodes, Warlocks) out to around 250ish' (I drive OLFs around 350')

They have less movement side to side and I like throwing 90-100% power when I can

Usually an X soft challenger, but sometimes a cryztal challenger if I need a shorter hyzer.

I can throw them up to 300+, but prefer to use them on holes less than 250' depending on the line.

I use an Ion or Zone for anything 200' or less, depending on what line I need. Both will fly out to 300' for me, but I find it easier to go to a mid for that distance.

I would probably throw a rhyno on flat ground up to 280ish tops,maybe a little bit less.

I love driving with my putter...Nothing beats shots that last as looonnnngggg as a good putter drive! I love Anodes for everything because they are so neutral, glidey, and wind resistant. I throw putters up to 300' on the course depending on line and conditions, though I can throw them a lot farther in the field (I throw Anodes farther than my mids with unlimited ceiling). Another thing of note is that putters really rule in tailwinds and when elevation is in play. Downhill they float straight without stalling/fading and uphill you cant throw them nose up and let the disc's lift take it up and forward (faster discs just stall and fade).

I can throw my putters about 280' on a good drive. However, I'm not as consistent with them at that range and prefer to throw them from 200' or so in. For anything between 200-300 I'm using a mid, powered down as appropriate, because for me less effort equals more control.

I drive my Anode on holes up to 275 (flat ground). On holes 200 and below, I don't use a runup. For me, it's easier to range those distances with my putter. It may seem counter intuitive, but once you're comfortable driving your putter, it's much easier to throw than a driver or even a midrange. This depends on the line though, because the longer the hole, the more sky you need to get it there unless you're throwing downhill.

I throw putters on holes 200 ft or less. I gotta say though, nothing feels better than out-throwing someone on your card with a putter while they are using their blizzard Katana or whatever latest and greatest bubble disc is out!