• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Putter recomendations

Bhopkins1311

Bogey Member
Im looking for a new putter. I got a pretty decent drive and approach..but no putt game. Ive tried a few, i recently switched from kc pro aviar to a mvp spin.. I like the spin but i want something with a little more glide as my putts seem to fall short. Whats a good glidey putter for beginners who always fall short

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

The MVP Spin has potential to be one of the highest glide putters on the market. However, with overmold tech, the weight is on the outside. This exaggerates the need for rotation of the disc to maintain glide/lift. If you're not a powerful spin putter, a Judge/Warden or Wizard/Warlock would be my recommendations depending on whether you like beaded putters or not. (latter mentioned in each pair being the beadless option)

More glide? XD, Magnet, Clutch, or Polecat. To be honest, the glidiest putter I've ever seen used is the Wham-O! 86 Softie. It damn near defies gravity it floats so much. Good luck finding one for a decent price though.

Oh! I am a fool! I didn't even suggest my newest bag addition. The Plastic Addicts Habit. It's a larger diameter putter with INSANE glide! Best lobbing putter I've owned. It just doesn't seem to want to come back to the earth. Ever. Dead straight with amazing glide and superb plastic.

Try a Warden. It's like a beadless Judge; a bit more glide, and very neutral.

This. Beat me to it. I use the Classic Warden.

If you prefer a bead, go for the Judge. Both are excellent, come in various levels of firmness/softness. And both have relatively high glide.

After going through a bunch of different putters I'm not really convinced you see much glide difference with most putters at normal putting distances. What distances are you falling short on? That is important to know in order to determine if a different putters may help you or if it's technique issues.

If you are not able to make a good run at 50 foot putts refining your technique will probably give you 100 times better results than switching putters. I've found what is most important to me was finding a putter that had the best feel in my hand then learning how to generate power from the ground up. I'm still no Ricky Wysocki but I can run puts now that I never would have been able to do a few years ago using the same putters I would have had no chance with a few years ago.

Mercy maybe?

Agree, practice should make a bigger difference than switching putters once you find something comfortable that you release well for your style.

That said, I can't entirely explain the night and day difference that switching to Aviars from Swans has made for me.

Elevation, line, chain outs, placement on misses - all much improved after the change.

I wouldn't prioritize glide on a putter. I'd prioritize delivering more power to the disc through form improvements and aiming.
If your aim is off with a glidey disc, your misses at chain level will . . . . glide. And you're always aiming at chain level for putts. It's sort of the point of the game.
I like knowing that my putters won't go far if I miss, so I have the confidence to go for the putts. And confidence is so crucial for putting, even moreso than disc selection.

But since you're saying you fall short on 10 ft putts, and hit 20% . . . . not joking, try a Birdie. Lob it with a little spin, it'll take its time, and won't even think about fading. Just sits.

Last edited:
I think i over exaggerated quite a bit
Generally when i play i shoot 3 to 6 over par
But alot of shots hit the yellow band or the cage
And theres a certian distance where i shoot better if im farther because when i throw i over compensate or something and it goes way high in the air then dies left
I bought a birdie as my first putter and i hates the way it felt
I guess i needa focus on form more then find a new disc

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

D Challenger
Slooow so low fade, round feeling, palm filling in a fan grip
Stable, great in the wind, but not too stable, good glide, not too much glide
firm for a firm grip, but not too hard, grippy, great feel, catches better than anything because it dents instead of deflecting
classic, boring, proven, cold blooded, efficient, perfect in every way
Doss, Emac, Todd, Pierce

More glide? XD, Magnet, Clutch, or Polecat. To be honest, the glidiest putter I've ever seen used is the Wham-O! 86 Softie. It damn near defies gravity it floats so much. Good luck finding one for a decent price though.

Agree on the Softie and I won't part with my last one. :)

Glidey putters I like....Magic, P1X, Aviar.

Yeah you absolutely need to just work on your former and not worry about the disc unless it's just plain not working for you comfort or stability wise. The key will be practice, practice and more practice. I can hit 90% of my putts inside the circle (33 feet) and about 60% out to 50 feet sometimes better if I'm hot with the putter on a certain day. I have a practice basket at home and practice putting fairly often.

Now only if I could drive past 375 feet....

This. Beat me to it. I use the Classic Warden.

If you prefer a bead, go for the Judge. Both are excellent, come in various levels of firmness/softness. And both have relatively high glide.

I love the bead; Soft Judge is the way to go. Have tried Aviar, Magnet, Wizard, and a few others and like the Judge best. Definitely glidey; also pretty good for upshots, just watch hyzers because it will roll a bit if it catches an edge.