• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting Confidence Program

Will you commit to the program?

• Total voters
I never read this thread, I am a dork. I have been practicing every day since my miserable putting Saturday.

Today I came up with a gnu putting game, more of a necessity to create a "18 hole" course at my house.

The "back 9" is as follows:

10- 10' putts, par 0
11- 15' putts, par 1
12- 20' putts, par 3
13- 25' putts, par 4
14- 30' putts, par 5
15- 15' putts, par 1
16- 20' putts, par 3
17- 25' putts, par 4
18- 30' putts, par 5
--------------------
par 26

Basically, throw 10 putts from each distance and each miss is a stroke.

Played today and ended up with a 34 but my back was killing me near the end.

I practiced some last night.

Anyone else ever seem to do better when they act like they just dont care and dont think about it?

Started my putting program today. Feel pretty good after my first set. plan on doing another set later today and maybe throwing a round after.

I practiced some last night.

Anyone else ever seem to do better when they act like they just dont care and dont think about it?

Proof that it is mental. I have come to realize that my practice is not about percentage of shots that go in, but realization that I CAN go for it and the consequences are not that dire.

Proof that it is mental. I have come to realize that my practice is not about percentage of shots that go in, but realization that I CAN go for it and the consequences are not that dire.

It's not about the % that you hit, it's about keeping the form right every time. Once you get the "muscle memory" down, your % will greatly increase. Once I realized this and got my form down, I only miss high or low (with the occasional spit out). For me, that was the breakthrough.

When I putt at home I am pretty good, I can make around 8 out of 10 from 30 feet. When I am on the course I am much worse and its very frusterating. Ive watched every putting video available on youtube about ten times over this last week. 15 years of putting and I still need lots of work.

Practice in the basket for 3/19, 3/20, 3/21, and 3/23.

10/10 x 6 @10'
10/10 x 2 @ 15'
9/10 x 3 @ 15'

Last edited:
It's not about the % that you hit, it's about keeping the form right every time. Once you get the "muscle memory" down, your % will greatly increase. Once I realized this and got my form down, I only miss high or low (with the occasional spit out). For me, that was the breakthrough.

The muscle memory works every single time. Once I started working on that, my putting was so much better. My nephew always tells me to look. Then he crouches a little bit and moves his arm like three times. Then he laughs and says, that's what you do. :p

Played my game today, shot a 21!!

79/100 putts in

10/10 from 10'
19/20 from 15'
17/20 from 20'
14/20 from 25'
9/20 from 30'

Definitely need to work on 30' but I hit the basket every time.

So today, I went to the course and couldnt hit a putt outside of like 10' and I kept hitting trees off the drive then having a great 2nd shot than screwing up the putt. Then, after a nice 100' approach, as I was walking up about half way I just just flipped my Wizard at the basket and it went right in.

I was fine the rest of the round.

I think I might start this back up on Monday. It's a commitment, but I definitely saw my putting improve the two times I've stuck to the program.

Latest posts